Google+ Followers

Thursday, 19 November 2015

GLOVES FOR YOUNG BOYS


GLOVES FOR YOUNG BOYS

There are patterns a-plenty for girls stuff, but I found that the selection for boys gloves (in particular) pretty sparse. Gloves that I found were all lacy and girly. J

So here are some of gloves that I made for a pair of young boys… and then one for their mum (or grand mum?) with the little yarn I had left behind.

Materials used : Today I’ve used the superb Bernat Satin acrylic yarn with a 4.5 mm crochet hook.

Skill level : Easy

Abbreviations used : (Using U.S terminology)
fsc : Foundation single crochet                                 dc : Double crochet
ch : chain                                                                     ch-sp : chain space
sp : space                                                                     rep : Repeat

Stitches used :
fsc : Foundation Single Crochet : To refresh your skill on the fsc, please view this superb video by Tamara Kelly at the link  http://www.mooglyblog.com/foundation-single-crochet-fsc/


For my first pair of gloves, I’ve used a free pattern titled Everyday Fingerless gloves fromhttp://www.straw.com/crystalpalaceyarns/patterns/regpatts4/yarnsH-M /moplus-EveryDayFG.html




The only change I made here was in alternating colours, and a small change in starting numbers to make the glove for the size I wanted.
I love that this pattern is simple enough for both a young boy and a girl.. so thanks so much Cathy Campbell.

For my second pair of gloves, I’ve used a free pattern titled Stylish Fall Fingerless gloves http://www.ouicrochet.com/2015/02/fingerless-gloves-for-kids-free-crochet.html


And then there was just this little bit of yarn left behind and there was this lovely lace-like pattern that was just perfect – called Brooklyn Fingerless Mitts http://crochetdreamz.blogspot.in/2013/09/brooklyn-fingerless-mitts-or-wrist.html


Right, so off we go.

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns.    J

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  


Have a great day and see you soon. J

Here are some more of my earlier patterns that you might like to take a look at