Wednesday, 25 December 2013

The Universal Easy-text Mobile Pouch

The Universal Easy-text Mobile Pouch


This is an age of mobile phone, smart phones, apps and smartness :)

Everything is done at the touch of a button .. and yesterday.  There are apps and apps.. for everything you can think about.. and you are 'in touch' every minute of every day (exhausting for me, but hey.. I'm not the 'demographic' here.

After my spate of mobile phone covers, one of my testers commented that the one she'd tested was appreciated by all her co-workers and one said she'd have loved one if it was 'easy to use'.. the 'birth' of an idea, & overnight I worked on this new pattern! 
(Thank you Jo) 



The pattern for the Universal easy-text mobile is a simple one line repeat pattern using only ch and sc. It can be made in half an hour.
It can be easily adapted for several phones, but has been ‘tailor-made’ for the I-phone 4S, I-phone 5, as well as the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini smart phones.
This pattern has been tested using:
  1. 3-ply yarn(light fingering), Oswal Mills ; 25 gms (142.5 yds) ; 4 mm (G) hook ;
  2. Schachenmavr SMC Bravo , 12 g , 3.5 mm hook ; one hour to complete project
  3. Premier Yarns – Serenity Garden Yarn , 45 yards , 3.75 mm (F) hook, Gauge : 8 st x 6 rows = 1” x 1” ; took 1.25 hrs
  4. Own handspun yarn, about 22 g, with 4 mm hook ; Gauge : 4.5 stitches and 4 rows to the inch ; Project took about 75 mins to complete.
View more images and the pattern at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/universal-easy-text-mobile-pouch  or http://ravel.me/shyamanivas/uetmp

Do remember to link your projects to me and do mail me with your comments