Thursday, 10 December 2015

BEANIES FOR DONATION




BEANIES FOR DONATION

Chennai, in Tamil Nadu, India, as you may have read has suffered from a really bad weather which has wrecked the city.  There have been many homes destroyed, and families have lost all they own.
Several groups are doing some splendid work in trying to get the city and its people to limp back to normalcy.

Clothing is obviously needed abundantly, and I thought I’d crochet some caps for donation to children.
 I worked overnight and made some .. using different ideas I  found online, and here is my write up for my selection.
I wish I had had more time, but am happy with what I managed in the time-frame I had.

Materials used : Today I’ve used some of our lovely Indian Vardhaman millennium acrylic and some Wendy /Oswal 4-ply acrylic yarn, with a 4.5 mm crochet hook.

Abbreviations used :

e-sc : Extended Single Crochet                       sc : Single crochet
ch : chain                                                             ch-sp : chain space
sp : space                                                             rep : Repeat

I haven’t the time to design any new beanies or caps.. so thought I’d just check out some of the available free ones and make as many as I could.
This, is my review of the patterns used, in a way.

BEANIE 1 :


I loved this pattern , and will totally recommend it
http://littlemonkeyscrochet.com/super-simple-newborn-beanie-free-pattern/


 BEANIE 2 :


Neat pattern.

One thing I think is a typo though, is that each round starts with a ch 3, which should be the 1st dc, so when we’re increasing, if we actually work in that 1st ch 3, we will end up with one extra st.  So please remember to edit that first dc (or ch 3) out, and count your stitches at the end of every round.


BEANIE 3 :


A neat pattern with a space to run a satin ribbon through.. and who doesn’t like ribbons with little girls’ caps? Right?


BEANIE 4 :
BABY HAT PATTERN




I loved the little bow on this pattern, but I am not too happy with the way the top of the head turns out – I like a little tighter circle, and this little cap / hat was a little too wide-based.  That said, this will probably work well for a larger person, but I’m making these caps for really little ones.


BEANIE 5 :
BEANIE WITH POM POMS


Babies and pom poms are made for one another.. cute and bouncy


BEANIE 6 :



This is a cute n simple pattern.  Just one clarifications I’d like to add – in Row 2, designer has said “1 dc in the next sp, and 2 dc in the next sp”; which should read
“1 dc in the next dc, and 2 dc in the next dc” as the increase round repeat.



BEANIE 7 :


 


For my last set of beanie, I’ve decided to use this basic pattern, and


Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for freebie patterns.. and/or some wonderful crochet inspiration.    J

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  


Have a great day and see you soon. J

I have other headwear that I’ve designed. 











Enjoy.