Friday, 2 December 2016

REALLY COMFY LAVENDER LADIES SOCKS

crochet socks

crochet ladies socks

REALLY COMFY LAVENDER LADIES SOCKS


I had a visitor from Perth – and it was a really sudden visit.  I love gifting my friends something made with love, handmade and thoughtful. Perth has winters and my friend loves her bed-socks.. and she likes to keep her toes warm but not too warm.  This lovely lacy pattern was just right for it – I thought that it ticked all her little boxes.. and she loved it.. so Yaay !!

Materials used : Today I’ve used under one skein of our lovely Indian Oswal Cashmilon 3-ply acrylic yarn with a 5.5 mm crochet hook

Stitches used :
fsc : Foundation Single Crochet : To refresh your skill on the fsc, please view this superb video by Tamara Kelly at the link  http://www.mooglyblog.com/foundation-single-crochet-fsc/

Chainless dc start : Instead of the usual start with ch 2 or ch 3,I’d like to introduce a lovely way of starting a double crochet row.  Do take a look at this self explanatory super video
In case you are unhappy with this start, or do not like it, do continue with the usual ch-2 or ch-3 start.  However, all instructions will be given assuming that you are using this chainless dc start.


Abbreviations used : (Using U.S terminology)
lp(s) : Loop(s)                                                 sc : Single crochet
dc : Double crochet                                     ch : Chain
sp : Space                                                          sl-st : Slip stitch
hk : Hook                                                           yo : Yarn Over 
st(s) : Stitch(es)     
                   

For this really awesome pair of socks, I’ve used the really cute pattern at http://www.thelavenderchair.com/lazy-daisy-sock-crochet-pattern/



I’d like to add here that Dorianna (of Lavender Chair) has some absolutely awesome girls dresses too.. so do jog on over to her page on Ravelry and have a look-see.

The pattern here uses a light worsted yarn with a 5.5 mm crochet hook.  We don’t get that kind of yarn locally, so I used 2 strands of 3 ply Oswal Cashmilon yarn with a 5.5 mm crochet hook and am thrilled with the results.

crochet ladies socks

crochet ladies socks

crochet ladies socks

crochet ladies socks


crochet ladies socks

May I add (naughty me) that I’m pretty tickled with the title for this product.. using Lavender yarn for a Lavender Chair creation (OK, so a bit lame.. but hey.. at the end of the day, if a smile has been spread, it was worth the lameness J )

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  or just my free patterns at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/


And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. J

Here are some pattern links for earlier footwear projects I’ve made.  Enjoy