Google+ Followers

Wednesday, 14 December 2016

SOME REALLY CUTE MINI CHRISTMAS ACCESSORIES-2

crochet xmas accessoriescrochet mini tree decorations


SOME REALLY CUTE MINI CHRISTMAS ACCESSORIES-2

In an earlier blog, I’ve made one set of mini Christmas accessories.. but I found so many more beautiful things, that I *just had to make* that this is the next blog on the same topic... and as I said in the earlier blog, there are more things on my *just must make* list for this Holiday Season.. so go ahead and save my blog link (add your email id and follow me) so that all further patterns will come straight to your mail box.  Happy Holidays.

Materials used : Today I’ve used a combination of our lovely Indian knitting cotton and metallic cotton yarns with a 1.3 & 1.75 mm mm crochet hook 

Abbreviations used :
fsc : Foundation single crochet                                 dc : Double crochet
ch : chain                                                                    ch-sp : chain space
sp : space                                                                   rep : Repeat


Stitches used :
Magic circle : To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuSVyKvoUg 

fsc : Foundation Single Crochet : To refresh your skill on the fsc, please view this superb video by Tamara Kelly at the link  http://www.mooglyblog.com/foundation-single-crochet-fsc/

Hdc : Half Double Crochet : yo, insert hk into st ; yo (3 lps on hk), yo, draw through all 3 lps.  One hdc made.

Foundation half double crochet : A really lovely way to start a foundation row of chainless double crochet.  This unique way of starting makes your project even https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90iUfQ-_1IM

Chainless dc start : Instead of the usual start with ch 2 or ch 3, I’d like to introduce this lovely new way of starting a dc row.  Do take a look at this self-explanatory super video http://www.mooglyblog.com/chainless-starting-double-crochet/
In case you are unhappy with this start, or do not like it, do continue with the usual ch-2 or ch-3 start.  However, all instructions will be given assuming that you are using the chainless dc start.

How to join the two ends of your work : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUGb9pIcsXE

I have given the link for a wreath pattern in my blog of yesterday as well.  So do check the end of this blog for links on earlier projects



1.       CHRISTMAS WREATH – 1

crochet xmas tree decoration

crochet xmas tree decoration

Materials Used : I’ve used our Indian 4-ply acrylic yarn with a 2.5 mm crochet hook ; plastic bangle 1.5” diameter (shown below)
Size : : 1.5” diameter


For my first wreath pattern, I’ve used this lovely free pattern from
http://whiskersandwool.blogspot.in/2011/11/christmas-wreath-ring-christmas.html and was inspired by this photograph from the designer.





1A. CHRISTMAS WREATH – 2

crochet xmas tree decoration

crochet xmas tree decoration

Materials Used : I’ve used our Indian 4-ply acrylic yarn with a 4 mm crochet hook ; plastic bangle 1.5” diameter
Size : : 1.5” diameter

Check out this wreath free pattern at
http://www.planetjune.com/blog/free-crochet-patterns/mini-wreath-ornament/ and was inspired by this photograph from the designer.




2. CANDY CANE

crochet xmas tree decoration

This is not a crochet project – it’s a craft R-R-R one (Re-use, Recycle I mean)… and a ten minute project!  

Materials Used : I’ve used our Indian 4-ply acrylic yarn in white and red ; plastic bent straw of a fruit juice box, or a larger bent straw for a larger candy cane ; glue.



Size : Length : 3.25”

This is a really easy-peasy one.  So first I cut the folded portion of the straw to mimic the size of a candy cane.  I then applied glue all over the plastic straw and neatly wrapped white yarn all around it.  (Yes, cotton is always a good bet, but I had acrylic handy).  Once dried, I once again applied a thin line of glue along the top and bottom edges, and rolled (diagonally) the red yarn to mimic the candy cane stripe.  Glue in all ends neatly.  Allow to dry and ta-da.. ten minutes and you got one done!
To attach, you could fashion a long loop with either white yarn OR fancier gold yarn to hang it off the tree!

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own creation.  Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  OR just my free patterns at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/



And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. J

I have a few other miscellaneous crochet stuff I’ve already made, and just in case you want a dekho at those free patterns … here you go  J