Tuesday 11 August 2015

LEGO AMIGURUMI


Sweet nothings crochet free crochet pattern blog, photo of the little Lego amigurumi
LEGO AMIGURUMI

If you’ve been following my blogs, you’ll know that I have been a bit besotted with my Lego creations – I have a set of blankets, a set of bags and now these cute Lego amigurumis .. should now set up a Lego pinterest pin.   

Inspired by a set of links for the iconic Lego man, I have only made the little head for the Little man http://www.littlehouseincolorado.com/2011/12/pattern-for-amigurumi-crochet-lego.html  and http://cinciut.deviantart.com/art/Amigurumi-Lego-Man-400373826

Thank you for joining me.
In case you have just joined me, know that you can access all of my earlier creations by checking under ‘categories’ on the right hand side of this blog under “Labels”.  Then, for your convenience, follow me here or on Facebook, You Tube, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram. Check out all my social media handles at the bottom of this blog
Oh, and may I add that the fastest way to find any of my blogs is via Pinterest.

Do remember to add my blog URL when you make and show off your creation.  Cheers.  Enjoy 

And then I was inspired by this Lego block tissue holder http://www.ahookamigurumi.com/en/how-to-crochet-a-lego-tissue-box-cover-tutorial/
and made my little Lego block. 


Materials used : Today I’ve used our lovely Indian acrylic Vardhaman Millennium yarn , with a 3.5 mm crochet hook.  The range of colours in our Polyester yarn are superb, and I love the colours I’ve used for this creation.  This yarn is a Sport / DK yarn.


Instructions :
Please note that I start all my rows with a ch 1, turning chain for ease.
Please check the top of this blog for easy video tutorials on all stitches used in today's pattern.
Please read through all my notes before you pick up your hook, so you know just where we're heading in our pattern.
In my patterns I work with the principle of stitch count and body measurement.  This means that you need to work the stitch count in pattern, till you get the measurement (length and/or width) that you need for your project. 

The original pattern gave me a pretty large little man, (probably due to my yarn choice), so I changed it a bit – but this is a superb pattern, and there isn’t much one can add to it. So go ahead and enjoy this pattern from the Little House In Colorado J
Kudos to this beautiful design and more so that this wonderful person has shared this all for free with a lovely photo tutorial !!

My Lego man didn't photograph too well.. and though he looks pretty scary in this picture above, he is not half bad.  The Lego block though, that's lovely.. but once again difficult to photograph and for one to see the little typical Lego 'bumps'. Guess you just need to make it yourself.

I just added a bit of hair (mainly as I was making just this little Lego head into a keychain for a Lego backpack).  For the hair, I started with a magic circle and 3 sc in that circle.  Pull lightly to close.
In the next round, I did 2 sc in each sc till end, joining with a sl-st.
In the following rounds, I increased every other stitch working in rounds till I felt that this little cap-like head piece fit the top of my little Lego head.
There is no real calculation for this, so no instructions.

All I’d say is work in rounds, and increasing as you see fit so that it fits the head you’ve made. 
For the side burns, all I did was do a set of 2 dc at opposite ends on the last round (instead of scs), and you get these longer stitches that worked well.

You can use this to make a cap as well.  So experiment and have fun.. and do share your finished piece with me when you’re done.  Thanks.


Little Lego block :

Start  with multiples of 3 + 2.  Turn.

Row 1 :  sc in the 1st 2 st ; dc 5-tog in the next st ; 
*sc in the next 2 sts ; dc 5-tog in the next st* ; 
rep *to* till last 2 sts ; 
sc in the last 2 sts.  Turn

Row 2 : hdc in the 1st sc ; 
hdc in each st till end.  Turn.

Rep Rows 1 and 2 once more.

Finishing for Lego block : sc in each st till end ; 
1 more sc in the corner sc ;
Turn your work at 90° and work an sc in each horizontal bar of dc all the way down ; 1 more sc in the corner st ;
Turn your work at 90° and work on the bottom of your start fscs, do an sc in each st across ; 1 more sc in the corner st ;
Turn your work at 90° and work an sc in each horizontal bar of dc all the way back up ; 
1 more sc in the corner st (back where we started out).  
Join with a sl-st to the first st.  Fasten off and weave in ends.

One Lego block made.
Stretch this block out properly and measure it.  
We will need this for the finishing later.

 

Now we’ve got to do the sides of this Lego block – so continue with 1 sc in each st all around. 

Work 1 sc in each sc all around for at least 4 rows in total or till you have the sides of your block of the size you think is right for you.

We will then need to stiffen up our little block, before we fill it with polyfill.
So what I’ve done is cut a small piece of plastic to the size needed.

Size needed : Measure the top and side dimensions of your Lego block.  You will need to then cut your plastic to this shape / size.  Lightly fold it where so that it gives you a rough top form.

In the diagram below, let’s say that the blue box is what we’re attempting to make as a Lego block.  So you measure as per the arrow. 



Then fold as per the diagram below


 So this is bit of plastic will cover over the top and two sides of your block. 
IF you want, make the same plastic bit again, to cover the top (again) and the other two sides of your block.

Once you’ve got your plastic shape ready, push it inside your finished lego brick. Here’s where you have a choice.  
Now I’ve decided to fill in poly-fill  / stuffing in to this brick and then close it up at the bottom.  
You could do the same, or you could just leave it with the bottom bit open , after ensuring that you have neatly covered all the sharp plastic edges.

Base cover :
If you wish to cover the base, then you need to make a square or rectangle for that bit depending on the shape you’ve made for the top of your brick.  
So you know the number of stitches you have made (your start stitches), and you will start with the same number of stitches here too.  
You will then work the same number of rows as you have for your brick and then fasten off.
Once done with this little base cover, stuff in your little brick, and then using your embroidery needle, sew this base bit onto the bottom of your brick.

..and we’re done with our cute little Lego brick.  I love mine.. hope you do too..

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. Come back right here for more freebie patterns

Remember to share this blog post when you share your photos with me on Facebook.  I’d love to feature your photos on my FB page.  Cheers.

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own creation.  Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/


Join me on YouTube at https://youtube.com/shyamanivas

And on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/ for more patterns.

Do follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/ShyamaNivas


Find me on Ravelry at ravelry.com/projects/shyamanivas/


Have a great day and see you soon. 

Here are some interesting home use miscellaneous projects and free patterns...


































































































































































































































































































..and some bag patterns ...