Friday 11 January 2019

FRILLY DRESS BOTTLE COVER


free crochet pattern, free crochet dress pattern, Shyama Nivas,  sweetnothingscrochet, blogaday, spreadsmiles, crochet angel pattern, free crochet angel dress pattern, air freshner angel cover crochet, handmade, lace crochet pattern, Pradhan Embroidery Stores,
FRILLY DRESS BOTTLE COVER

And continuing with the range of bottle covers, check out this lovely frilly dress that I’ve made as a  wine bottle or soap dish dispenser cover. 
Come along .. let’s work on this together.

Thank you for joining me.
In case you have just joined me, know that you can access all of my earlier creations by checking under ‘categories’ on the right hand side of this blog under “Labels”.  Then, for your convenience, follow me here or on Facebook, You Tube, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram. Check out all my social media handles at the bottom of this blog.
Oh, and may I add that the fastest way to find any of my blogs is via Pinterest.

Do remember to add my blog URL when you make and show off your creation.  Cheers.  Enjoy

Materials used : Just a little bit of  some lovely baby soft acrylic yarn, with a 3 mm crochet hook.  
You can make this project with any yarn and a hook that suits it.

Skill level : Easy 

Stitches used :
Starting slip knot : Here’s how you start with a slip knot.  https://youtu.be/lJcqsVcs8cw 

Starting slip knot 1 or the Sloppy Slip knot : This is a neat new way to start your work without a slip knot.  https://youtu.be/YfC7KmGpifs 

Instructions :

free crochet pattern, free crochet dress pattern, Shyama Nivas,  sweetnothingscrochet, blogaday, spreadsmiles, crochet angel pattern, free crochet angel dress pattern, air freshner angel cover crochet, handmade, lace crochet pattern, Pradhan Embroidery Stores,

free crochet pattern, free crochet dress pattern, Shyama Nivas,  sweetnothingscrochet, blogaday, spreadsmiles, crochet angel pattern, free crochet angel dress pattern, air freshner angel cover crochet, handmade, lace crochet pattern, Pradhan Embroidery Stores,

For today’s frilly dress bottle cover, I’ve been inspired by the free pattern at https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/air-freshener-crochet-angel-cover


What did I do differently?

1.        Measure your bottle(s) and figure out what approx length and width you’d like.
2.      Work the first round and check that it goes around the top of your bottle.
3.      The designer ‘splits’ the dress into sleeves and bodice/yoke on Round 3.  So check if your project fits your bottle here.  In case it does, just carry on with pattern. In case it does not, then you need to add a few stitches in Round 2 and then work the pattern back again.  Now if you have added stitches, then you will have more ch-3 sps than given – so ensure that you keep 11 ch-3 sps for the “armholes” and then evenly divide the remainder for front and back.  You can then work the pattern as given
4.     Just for a small difference and to add a little bit more flare, I added a few more dc to my shell st.  The shell st given is (2 dc ; ch 1, 2 dc)  but after working a few rounds, I changed it to (3 dc ; ch 1, 3 dc) which made my dress open up a bit more.  I continued to work the fpdc over the fpdc all through as given.
5.    As I am only making this as a bottle cover, I only worked the dress bit.

Go and make something beautiful and unique then.  Have a fun creative day.

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did..come back right here for more freebie patterns 

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  
 
I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own creation.  Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/

 
Join me on YouTube at https://youtube.com/shyamanivas 

And on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/ for more patterns.

Do follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/ShyamaNivas


Find me on Ravelry at ravelry.com/projects/shyamanivas/

 
Have a great day and see you soon. 

You may want to take a look at some more beautiful and home use / miscellaneous patterns.