Sunday 18 November 2018

SOAP DISPENSER COVER 2 APRON 2


Sweet Nothings Crochet free crochet pattern blog, free crochet pattern for a soap dispenser cover, crochet dress or apron pattern for a soap dispenser, this blog has loads of video tutorials for stitch explanation,
SOAP DISPENSER COVER 2
APRON 2

What started off as a lark and a one-idea-project has moved on to something huge.  Not only are these really cute projects to work on, they’re flying off my hook and shelf as soon as they’re made.  They’re my fastest selling project and I’m loving each creation.  This is my second apron inspired soap dispenser cover. Come along .. let’s work on this together.

Thank you for joining me.
In case you have just joined me, know that you can access all of my earlier creations by checking under ‘categories’ on the right hand side of this blog under “Labels”.  Then, for your convenience, follow me here or on Facebook, You Tube, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram. Check out all my social media handles at the bottom of this blog.
Oh, and may I add that the fastest way to find any of my blogs is via Pinterest.

Do remember to add my blog URL when you make and show off your creation.  Cheers.  Enjoy

Materials used : Just a little bit of Oswal Cashmilon acrylic 3 and 4-ply yarn, with a 4 mm crochet hook.
You can work in knitting cotton too – I just had the coolest little bits of acrylic handy so am using up my little bits of stash.
You can make this project with any yarn and a hook that suits it.

Skill level : Easy 

Stitches used :
Starting slip knot : Here’s how you start with a slip knot.  https://youtu.be/lJcqsVcs8cw

Starting slip knot 1 or the Sloppy Slip knot : This is a neat new way to start your work without a slip knot.  https://youtu.be/YfC7KmGpifs

What is a chain stitch ? Here is an easy video tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXx5ukBjKkY

Foundation Single Crochet : fsc : To refresh your skill on the fsc, please view this video https://youtu.be/mcT85fwh4mA  

Double Crochet : dc : yo, insert hk into st ; yo (3 lps on hk);
[yo, draw through 2 lps] twice.  One dc made. 
Check out the video at https://youtu.be/xdnjB27zpYo

Chainless start for Double Crochet : I dislike the ch-2 / ch – 3 start, and this is what I do to start my row of dc.

Check out the video at https://youtu.be/wskv3iTjRx0

Abbreviations used : (Using U.S terminology)
lp(s) : Loop(s)                      sc : Single crochet
dc : Double crochet             sp : Space                               
sl-st : Slip stitch                   ch : Chain
st(s) : Stitch(es)                   hk : Hook
yo : Yarn Over 
fsc : Foundation Single crochet                  

Sweet Nothings Crochet free crochet pattern blog, free crochet pattern for a soap dispenser cover, crochet dress or apron pattern for a soap dispenser, this blog has loads of video tutorials for stitch explanation,

Sweet Nothings Crochet free crochet pattern blog, free crochet pattern for a soap dispenser cover, crochet dress or apron pattern for a soap dispenser, this blog has loads of video tutorials for stitch explanation,

Sweet Nothings Crochet free crochet pattern blog, free crochet pattern for a soap dispenser cover, crochet dress or apron pattern for a soap dispenser, this blog has loads of video tutorials for stitch explanation,

Sweet Nothings Crochet free crochet pattern blog, free crochet pattern for a soap dispenser cover, crochet dress or apron pattern for a soap dispenser, this blog has loads of video tutorials for stitch explanation,


Sweet Nothings Crochet free crochet pattern blog, free crochet pattern for a soap dispenser cover, crochet dress or apron pattern for a soap dispenser, this blog has loads of video tutorials for stitch explanation,

Sweet Nothings Crochet free crochet pattern blog, free crochet pattern for a soap dispenser cover, crochet dress or apron pattern for a soap dispenser, this blog has loads of video tutorials for stitch explanation,


Sweet Nothings Crochet free crochet pattern blog, free crochet pattern for a soap dispenser cover, crochet dress or apron pattern for a soap dispenser, this blog has loads of video tutorials for stitch explanation,

For today’s apron inspired soap dish cover, visit https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/liquid-dish-soap-apron

What did I do differently?
1.        Measure your bottle(s) and figure out what approx length and width you’d like.
2.      Work the pattern as given and see if the first few rows work for you. The stitch count for the frilly lower part of the dress is in multiples of 3 + 1 (so as the designer starts her pattern with 22 sts, we have 8 shell patterns)
3.      At any time when you find that you have reached the length for your bottle and are on a “V”-st row, stop the pattern and work that final row of scallops and border.  I decided not to work in the picot as that was folding along the base line for me.
4.     For the second project using this same pattern, I tweaked it a bit, with the designer’s permission.  I used the slightly thinner 3-ply  yarn for this project.  I worked the shell stitch all through.  So for the final row of scallop pattern, I worked the scallop 5 dc all in the ch-sp of the earlier shell stitch.  I did all the rest exactly as given by the designer and it worked up great.


Sweet Nothings Crochet free crochet pattern blog, free crochet pattern for a soap dispenser cover, crochet dress or apron pattern for a soap dispenser, this blog has loads of video tutorials for stitch explanation,

Sweet Nothings Crochet free crochet pattern blog, free crochet pattern for a soap dispenser cover, crochet dress or apron pattern for a soap dispenser, this blog has loads of video tutorials for stitch explanation,

Sweet Nothings Crochet free crochet pattern blog, free crochet pattern for a soap dispenser cover, crochet dress or apron pattern for a soap dispenser, this blog has loads of video tutorials for stitch explanation,

Add in a few cherries and it gets festive and beautiful.  
I was inspired to add in the cherries by the photo on the original designer page.  It did not have instructions - so here's what I did.

Magic circle : To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://youtu.be/ISC39yOqWro 

What is a slip stitch : Here is a neat video tutorial at https://youtu.be/weB3QNbA8Iw

Half Double Crochet : Hdc :  yo, insert hk into st ; yo (3 lps on hk) ; 
yo, draw through all 3 lps.  One hdc made.  
Check out the video at https://youtu.be/sDiELJdB2Dg

Chainless start for Half Double Crochet : I dislike the ch-2 start, and this is what I do to start my row of hdc. Check out the video at https://youtu.be/lWXpl1KdbZ8 

Start : (using red yarn) with a magic circle and work about  6 hdc in it.  
Fasten off.

Just before you weave in the yarn, add the green yarn for the stem.

What is a chain stitch ? Here is an easy video tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXx5ukBjKkY

(Using green yarn) Work about 10 chain.  
We are done with our stem, but keep that last loop for attaching to the 2nd cherry.

Make a second cherry using red  yarn, and just before fastening off, draw in the green yarn for stem and fasten both red and green  yarns.

Now if this is too confusing, just make two small red cherries, and then attach them both together with a length of chains using green yarn.

To get a small leaf in, I folded my length of green in half, and then 'bunched' up the top bit to get a small bow, that became my two 'leaves'.  
So you basically are making a bow right in the centre of your long length of green chain, without actually tying a bow.  
You stitch that bit down, and your two cherries hang off like the ends of the bow.  
Got it?

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. Come back right here for more freebie patterns

Remember to share this blog post when you share your photos with me on Facebook.  I’d love to feature your photos on my FB page.  Cheers.

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  
 
I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own creation.  Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/

 
Join me on YouTube at https://youtube.com/shyamanivas 

And on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/ for more patterns.

Do follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/ShyamaNivas


Find me on Ravelry at ravelry.com/projects/shyamanivas/

 
Have a great day and see you soon. 

You may want to take a look at some of my miscellaneous home use project patterns.