Wednesday, 4 January 2017

EXQUISITE DOLL-LIKE TOY FURNITURE – 2

crochet toy furniture

EXQUISITE DOLL-LIKE TOY FURNITURE – 2

( #Blogaday04/365 )

This is the second blog in the series of exquisite tiny doll-like furniture I’ve made for a huge order recently.  As I mentioned in yesterday’s blog, if you liked what you read, then do follow me either via Facebook or this blog so that all future blogs/patterns come straight to your inbox.

and just a quick look at what ALL I have made.. so you know what to look out for in my future blogs (to follow) ;)

crochet toy furniture


Materials used : Today I’ve used a combination of our lovely Indian Oswal Cashmilon 4-ply yarn and Vardhaman Millenium DK ply yarn with a 3.5 / 4 mm mm crochet hook 

Abbreviations used :
fsc : Foundation single crochet                                 dc : Double crochet
ch : chain                                                                    ch-sp : chain space
sp : space                                                                     rep : Repeat


Stitches used :
Magic circle : To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuSVyKvoUg
fsc : Foundation Single Crochet : To refresh your skill on the fsc, please view this superb video by Tamara Kelly at the link  http://www.mooglyblog.com/foundation-single-crochet-fsc/

Hdc : Half Double Crochet : yo, insert hk into st ; yo (3 lps on hk), yo, draw through all 3 lps.  One hdc made.

Foundation half double crochet : A really lovely way to start a foundation row of chainless double crochet.  This unique way of starting makes your project even https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90iUfQ-_1IM

Chainless dc start : Instead of the usual start with ch 2 or ch 3, I’d like to introduce this lovely new way of starting a dc row.  Do take a look at this self-explanatory super video http://www.mooglyblog.com/chainless-starting-double-crochet/
In case you are unhappy with this start, or do not like it, do continue with the usual ch-2 or ch-3 start.  However, all instructions will be given assuming that you are using the chainless dc start.

Crab stitch / Reverse single crochet : (Reverse sc) : This is your regular single crochet st, but done in reverse.  So instead of moving ‘clockwise’ as we regularly work, you move anti-clockwise or counter clockwise, and you’ll achieve a slightly ‘bumpy’ single crochet, which is your reverse sc.

Sc-blo : Single Crochet Back Loop Only : For this stitch, we work the regular sc, but instead of going through both loops, you only go through the back loop of each sc.  For a visual, check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phf7Nj0_LJg

How to join the two ends of your work : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUGb9pIcsXE


Instructions using U.S terminology

In this blog, let’s look at the patterns for some of the chairs I’ve made.

1.       CHAIR

crochet toy furniture

crochet toy furniture

Materials Used : I’ve used our Indian Oswal Cashmilon 4-ply yarn with a 2.5 mm crochet hook.
Size : Height : ~ 3” x Width : 2.5”

For the cute little chair, check this free pattern at
https://amilovesgurumi.com/2014/10/31/a-cute-little-chair/ and I was inspired by this superb creation 




2.     CUTE ARMCHAIR SET with CUSHIONS

crochet toy furniture


For this project, I’ve used the free pattern from http://happyberrycrochet.blogspot.in/2014/02/crocheted-dolls-house-furniture.html and was inspired by this lovely photograph



Materials Used : I’ve used our Indian Oswal Cashmilon 4-ply yarn with a 3.5 mm crochet hook.
Size : Armchair : 2” high ; 1.25” wide ; Cushion : ~ 1” square

The change I worked here was with the cushions.  I worked one long rectangle so instead of working Rows 2 – 6, I worked Rows 2 – 11.  I then folded it in half, stuffed it and worked an edging all four sides (including the folded side).  I preferred this as I had one set of ends less to weave in ! Yes trust me to find a lazier way to do it LOL J
I then decided to add the contrast colour all along the edge just for a difference.

... and enjoy this photo-bombing of my process in making this lovely creation






crochet toy furniture

crochet toy furniture

crochet toy furniture

crochet toy furniture



3.     YET ANOTHER CUTE WINGED ARMCHAIR

crochet toy furniture

crochet toy furniture

crochet toy furniture


For this project, I’ve used the free pattern from
Isn't this just the cutest little chair? And some of you may recall the wicker chair that we had in India in the days gone by (or the good ole days?)..  Remember this?  


And yes, this may not look exactly like it, but this is what I *saw* when I saw the inspirational photograph by the designer below


Materials Used : I’ve used our Indian Vardhaman Millennium acrylic yarn with a 3.5 mm crochet hook.
Size : 3” tall ; 2” wide


Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns and remember that there are more patterns and ideas in this mini furniture series to look out for.. so you know what to do..

More to come.....

crochet toy furniture


If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own creation.  Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  OR just my free patterns at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/


And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. J

I have a few other miscellaneous crochet stuff I’ve already made, and just in case you want a dekho at those free patterns … here you go  J