Google+ Followers

Thursday, 19 January 2017

HEXAGON BAG

hexagon bag

HEXAGON BAG
( #Blogaday 19/365 )

I’d made this bag for a friend a long time back, and recently when we met up, she reminded me about it and showed me that she was still using it.  I then realized that when I’d made this superb piece, I was not blogging about my creations.. and this one totally deserves mention. J

The original free crochet pattern for the superb bag is Rainbow Hexagon Beach Bag by Lily / Sugar’n Cream at  http://www.yarnspirations.com/pattern/crochet/rainbow-hexagon-beach-bag

Materials used : I’ve used our lovely Indian Vardhaman Millennium acrylic yarn,  with a 4 mm crochet hook 

Abbreviations used :
dc : Double crochet                                                 rep : Repeat
ch : chain                                                       ch-sp : chain space
sp : space                                                              rep : Repeat                             
sk : Skip                                                          hk : Hook
yo : Yarn Over                                            st(s) : Stitch(es)
lp(s) : loop(s)                                                 


The original wonderful pattern calls for several shades of colour (hence the name), also a different weight of yarn, and 15 hexagons.. I used the idea for the hexagons from here, and made only 10, attaching them a little differently. The handle too is a wee bit different.

The hexagons took oh, about 15 mins each.. the attachment and figuring that out took a little longer.

Each hexagon is about 6.5” (point to point) x 5.5” (flat side to side)

As the yarn is soft and stretchy, one would need to line it.  Here’s a great link on how you can line a bag : http://pattern-paradise.com/2014/06/12/tutorial-how-to-line-a-crocheted-bag/

The funniest thing is that I was looking for baby blankets, and chanced on this creation, and the first thought that came to my head was that one could actually adapt the bag pattern to make this blanket. How cool would that be, right? J http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/L60040.html


So hope you’ll have lots of fun with these two hexagon patterns. Let’s see what you come up with.  Do remember to tag me, so we can both drool over it together. Thanks.
Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own creation.  Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  OR just my free patterns at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/


And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. J

And here are links to some of my beautiful and unusual bag / purse patterns.