Google+ Followers

Monday, 16 January 2017

AWESOME BLANKETS & AFGHANS ROUND UP

blanket, afghan

AWESOME BLANKETS & AFGHANS ROUND UP
( #Blogaday 16/365 )

With the cooler temperatures presently (in India), I thought this would be a good time for a quick round up for awesome blankets and afghans.
If you have been following my blogs from the start, then  you may have seen / used some of these patterns before, if not, then here’s a neat space where they’re all listed.

Some of these projects have been made before I started blogging – and looking back at the photographs, I decided I’d write one comprehensive blog about them all – as I would like to share all these beautiful patterns with you all J

The first blanket I’d like to mention is my Satrangi blanket. 
Satrangi means Seven colours a.k.a rainbow ( pronounced ‘sut -rung-ee’), so my stunning blanket is made up of 7 brilliant colours using our Indian Vardhaman Millenium yarn.  I used one skein of each colour and the pattern link above.
I loved the pattern with its pineapple-like look and the shades of color that make it look that much more WOW!

This lovely blanket was also made for a challenge by the Crochet Crowd sometime back.  It got some notable mention then, and was loved and well used by the recipient too.

blanket, afghan

blanket afghan

blanket, afghan

blanket, afghan



My blanket was 42” x 55”.
I used our lovely Indian Vardhaman Millennium acrylic yarns with a 4.5 mm crochet hook

For the superb Satrangi baby blanket, I used the really lovely pattern from Redheart  http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/rainbow-view-throw



The next blanket is the Tulip set afghan, which is absolutely stunning.  This is a pattern by +Pat Ford and is a pattern for a baby afghan as well as a really cute little afghan for her little doll. The little tulips are so well made and this is a thoroughly well tested pattern.  I’d say that this is an Intermediate skill level.  

tulip blanket

blanket

doll blanket


doll blanket

blanket, afghan


My little girl's afghan was 36" x48"; and the doll's blanket was 16" x 22.5" .  I used about 3 skeins (300 gms = 1700 yds) of 4-ply Indian Oswal acrylic yarn (Mango colour) and under 1 skein of white for the border.

Enjoy creating your blanket and afghan. Do remember to tag me, so we can both drool over it together. Thanks.

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.   

Do check out all my pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/

Or just my free patterns on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/


And do join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.   
Have a great day and see you soon. J

I have a few more lovely blankets made so enjoy these free pattern links as well.

illusion blanket


teddy snuggle, blanket


elephant snuggle, blanket


sleep sack


jamaican afghan


sleeved blanket


doll snuggle


blanket, afghan

tulip blanket



bunny snuggle


owl snuggle


crochet cocoon


crochet cocoon


crochet cocoon


crochet mermaid sack


crochet shark cocoon


blanket, afghan


blanket, afghan

blanket, afghan


blanket, afghan

blanket, afghan


blanket, afghan

blanket, afghan


lego blanket , 3D


peacock blanket

peacock blanket


blanket, afghan


lego blanket, afghan


baby blanket, afghan


granny square


granny square


granny square


granny square


granny square


granny square


baby blanket, afghan


baby blanket, afghan