Wednesday, 28 January 2015

JUS' GRANNY SQUARES

free crochet granny squares patternfree crochet granny squares pattern

 

JUS' GRANNY SQUARES

GRANNY SQUARES FOR PROJECT CHEMO


A few days back, my friend Prabha told me about this lovely project for cancer patients and once I read this, I knew I wanted to be a part of it. Find out all about what is being done at   http://www.projectchemocrochet.com/.  This project is on-going and not time-based.  You can work at your own speed and send the squares in when you finish them - no rush, no pressure.. just love and a wonderful feeling of giving and fulfillment at the end of it all. Come on, join me and let's go for it!

So I went a-hunting for all those square patterns I had on my to-do list.  As I was working through them, I got other friends interested in this project, and they wanted ideas to work on.. so I thought I’d just compile all the links / patterns I’ve used.. and this blog was born!    

Now for this project we need to make all our squares 9" x 9", but some of the links / patterns below are smaller sized - so all I did was work the pattern till end, and to make up the square to size, just did a few rows of dc all around.

Materials used : Indian acrylic yarns (3-ply, 4-ply as well as Vardhaman Millenium DK ply)

You can use any yarn with a suitable hook to work on these projects. All Project Chemo Crochet requests is that you have your squares 9" x 9".

free crochet granny squares pattern

free crochet granny squares patternfree crochet granny squares pattern
free crochet granny squares pattern

free crochet granny squares pattern

free crochet granny squares pattern

free crochet granny squares pattern

free crochet granny square pattern

free crochet granny square pattern

free crochet granny square pattern

free crochet granny square pattern

free crochet granny square pattern

free crochet granny square pattern

and here are a load of ideas on this lovely blog link.. 

free crochet granny square pattern

free crochet granny square pattern

free crochet granny square pattern

free crochet granny square patternfree crochet granny square pattern

free crochet granny square pattern

free crochet granny square pattern

free crochet granny square pattern

and this one I found as a pattern for a clutch.. but loved it so much.. so here goes 
free crochet granny square pattern

free crochet granny square pattern
http://priscillascrochet.net/free%20patterns/Pillowghans/Pineapple%20Granny%20Pillow-ghan%20Square.pdf  

free crochet granny square pattern
and finally just played with the alphabet to make this one here.
P for Perseverance, Patience, and Putting the Big C behind us! :) 
so here's a lovely link for alphabets http://www.mooglyblog.com/the-moogly-crochet-alphabet/

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns J

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience), and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/ 



And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Do follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/ShyamaNivas


Have a great day and see you soon.  
Thanks for joining me in spreading hugs, smiles and lots of love.   

Check out my other projects with blankets and granny squares