Friday, 6 March 2015

REALLY CUTE ANIMAL GRANNY SQUARES



ANIMAL SQUARES FOR PROJECT CHEMO

I’ve been slowly building up my granny square collection for donation to the lovely project for cancer patients http://www.projectchemocrochet.com/.

So I after my initial set of 24 squares, I made a set of flower granny squares.  This is my collection for cute animal squares.

Some of the patterns used did not reach the required dimensions of 9” x 9” – so once I’d completed the square as per the original design, I just added a few more rounds following pattern of the last round (or last 2 rounds) till I got to our desired size specifications.

Materials used : A combination of our local Indian acrylic yarns (3-ply, 4-ply as well as Vardhaman Millenium DK ply)


1. TIGER GRANNY SQUARE



And if the link for loop stitch does not open then view this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuR0OlDqH0g


2. TEDDY BEAR GRANNY SQUARE


For the eyes, rather than use the cute little beaded eye, I did a quick magic circle with 6 sc and then added it on at the end.

3. REINDEER GRANNY SQUARE



4. NINJA TURTLE



5. AMELIA’S LADYBUG SQUARE



6. ELEPHANT

                                  Detail of elephant



7. FUNNY FACES



8. TEDDY BEAR





I also found some really lovely patterns at these links, but have not had the time to get them done.  So have fun




Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns J

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience), and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  


More lovely granny square pattern links here

FLOWER POWER GRANNY SQUARES



JUS GRANNY SQUARES