Monday, 12 September 2016

A REALLY CUTE OWL KEYCHAIN

free crochet owl pattern, free crochet key chain pattern, free crochet stuff owl pattern

free crochet pattern, free crochet owl amigurumi pattern, free crochet owl key chain pattern

A REALLY CUTE OWL KEYCHAIN

We always need a quick gift for that sudden visitor – or that young child who has done a lovely deed that you want to acknowledge.  I always find that a homemade , recycled or a handmade gift works best and expresses more love than a store bought one.. But then, that could just be me ... ;)

This pretty cute n shiny little owl has gone out to a really lovely young lady who is on her way overseas.  This little fellow with his oversized eyes is gonna keep a good watch over her for sure.  Congratulations and all the best.. you know who you are :)

Now I started off making this as a keychain, but at the end, after it was all done I just couldn’t string him up.  That said, I’ve added notes on how you can make this a keychain.

I found quite a few interesting patterns for owls, so I thought I’d share them here with you.

I saw this on a Pinterest page and thought this would look lovely in 3D. 
And I also found a you-tube link for those who prefer an audio-visual, rather than a written..

Difficulty level : Easy to Intermediate crochet skills

Materials used : Today I’ve used our Indian polyester metallic yarn,  with a 3.5 mm crochet hook ; and some stuffing

This yarn is similar to a 4-ply, light fingering yarn.
If using cotton, I’d say we can get a great project with our Indian Laura knitting cotton and a 3.5 mm crochet hook.  Anchor knitting cotton will also work, though it’s a little thinner yarn, so I’d suggest a 3 mm crochet hook.

Abbreviations used :
fsc : Foundation single crochet                                 hdc : Half double crochet
ch : chain                                                                   ch-sp : chain space
sp : space                                                                   rep : Repeat

Stitches used :
Magic circle : To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuSVyKvoUg
Foundation half double crochet : A really lovely way to start a foundation row of chainless double crochet.  This unique way of starting makes your project even .. http://www.mooglyblog.com/standing-half-double-crochet/.
If you do not like this start, do start with a ch 2 that will count as your first hdc.  However, all instructions will be given assuming that you are using a Chainless /Foundation hdc start.

How to carry your yarn along when using more than one colour :  http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-carry-yarn-in-crochet.html

Pattern Instructions : Using U.S terminology


So what I’d have done to attach my keychain, is to stitch the chain links (that are attached to the keychain) to the back of my little owl, so that when the owl hangs, its hanging straight down.  I feel that if you attach the chains off the ear, then it hangs lopsided.

That said, this is such a cute little project, that any way it hangs, it will look cute. So go ahead, create and have fun.

free crochet pattern, free crochet owl amigurumi pattern, free crochet owl key chain pattern







Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

Join me on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  or just check out my Free Patterns on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/



or join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. 

Here are a few toy projects I’ve done