Sunday, 11 September 2016

ONE SKEIN SUPER SCARF

free crochet pattern, free crochet scarf pattern, Free crochet shelled scarf patternfree crochet pattern, free crochet scarf pattern, Free crochet shelled scarf pattern

ONE SKEIN SUPER SCARF

I was gifted this lovely Red Heart Super Saver Worsted weight yarn recently and thought that this would make just the perfect gift (back) for the wonderful lady who has gifted me this yarn.

If you have been following my blogs, you will know that this lovely lady recently celebrated her 87th birthday and I’d gifted her a pullover for that.  She then visited her daughter in USA and thought of me and bought me this yarn.  Now, isn’t she just the sweetest loveliest lady in the whole wide world!

Mumbai with the monsoons presently, has become a little chilly and it’s also going to get a little cooler with our “winter” that will follow.  Winters in Mumbai do not match up with the word ‘winter’ really, but for a lovely old lady like this one, it can be pretty cold – so methinks this will be a super pretty gift for her – and more so as it is a color of her choice. 

I am super excited starting on this project, so thanks for joining me on this journey as well.

I had a pretty hard time finding just the right pattern for this – I do have just one skein of this lovely yarn, and have now decided on free pattern at http://www.allfreecrochet.com/Crochet-Wrap-Patterns/One-Skein-Wrap
Here's the photograph that inspired me.. just in case this one has been on your "to-do" list as well...




Materials usedToday I’ve used a one skein of Red Heart Super Saver (4) Worsted weight acrylic with a 4.5 mm crochet hook
For Indians : This yarn is thicker than our Indian Vardhaman Millennium acrylic yarn, so I’d say to get this thickness, you can work one skein of Vardhaman Millennium and one of our Cashmilon 4-ply acrylics held together.  That said, I think this pattern will look superb in just Vardhaman Millennium and a 4.5 mm crochet hook.





Difficulty level : Easy to Intermediate Skill level. 

Stitches used :
fsc : Foundation Single Crochet : To refresh your skill on the fsc, please view this superb video by Tamara Kelly at the link  http://www.mooglyblog.com/foundation-single-crochet-fsc/

Chainless dc start : Instead of the usual dc row start with ch 2 or ch 3, I’d like to introduce this lovely new way of starting a dc row. Do take a look at this self explanatory video at http://www.mooglyblog.com/chainless-starting-double-crochet/ In case you are unhappy with this start, do continue with the usual ch 2 or ch 3 start.  However, all instructions are given assuming that you’re using this chainless dc start. 


Abbreviations used :

fsc : Foundation single crochet                           ch : Chain
dc : Double crochet                                                  sp(s) : Space(s)
st(s) : Stitch(es)                                                           hk : Hook
lp : Loop(s)                                                                   yo : Yarn Over
sk : Skip                                                                         sc : Single crochet
trc : Treble / Triple crochet

I’ve started with a fsc chain and used the multiples given rather than the start chain length.  I’ve then worked the rest of the pattern the way written. 

I am happy that I ‘tested’ this pattern and find that it’s worked out as I thought. I love it.


free crochet pattern, free crochet scarf pattern, Free crochet shelled scarf pattern

free crochet pattern, free crochet scarf pattern, Free crochet shelled scarf pattern





Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  or just my free patterns at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/


And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. 


I have a few girls neckwear projects already made, and just in case you want a dekho at those free patterns … here you go