Thursday, 4 May 2017

KATIA BEAUTIFUL SPRING SCARF


free crochet scarf pattern

KATIA BEAUTIFUL SPRING SCARF


As you know, I was recently gifted this absolutely superb Katia Jaipur cotton yarn made in Barcelona – a superb variegated yarn in the softest of shades.   I’ve created a top, a triangular scarf that I shared yesterday, and today .. with this third one in the colours of Spring, I’m choosing to make a triangular scarf.

Thanks for joining me once again as we work on and discover this new pattern together. J

Do check my long pinterest “to-do” list for neckwear at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/neckwear-to-make/

Materials usedToday I’ve used ~ 100 gms of the lovely Katia Jaipur Mercerised cotton yarn with a 2 mm crochet hook
For Indians : The Katia Jaipur yarn I’ve used is a lot like our Indian Red Rose & Anchor knitting cottons


Instructions : (Using U.S Terminology)




I feel that with variegated yarns, one should not work too much of a pattern in, as all that effort of calculating and working a pattern is kinda lost in the artwork of the variegated yarn.  I much prefer allowing the colors of the yarn to throw up a lovely picture – and this is what I am convinced has happened here.  Not only is the pattern just swell, but the colors of the yarn have made this a captivatingly beautiful scarf.

For this awesome pattern, I was inspired by the free pattern at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/miliamo, and here is the stunning project made by the designer - not sure if it is variegated yarn.. or she's used two yarns.. but see how one can work this lovely pattern?



The write up is not in English, but it is a beautiful pattern, and has a lovely chart at the end of the write up.  The designer has said that this pattern will be available in English shortly – so perhaps, you could tag her page.  I am just happy to share her page link with you.

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own baby dress.  Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/ 



And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. J

Here are some of my earlier beautiful creations.  Have fun with these free patterns too