Google+ Followers

Friday, 5 May 2017

DEBBIE’s SWEET SHELLY COWL


free crochet cowl pattern

free crochet cowl pattern

free crochet cowl pattern

DEBBIE’s SWEET SHELLY COWL

Recently I’ve been blessed and gifted with a lot of yarn.. and most of it in varieties that I’ve been longing to try.  My first lot of yarn was in the wonderful Katia Jaipur Mercerised cotton yarn and this second lot is from Debbie Bliss Cotton Denim DK yarns.
If you have been following my blogs, you would have seen my two wonderful creations with the Katia Jaipur yarn... if not, check the bottom of this blog for those links as well as links for several of my other earlier neckwear designs.

Thanks for joining me once again as we work on and discover this new pattern together. J

 Materials usedToday I’ve used ~ 100 gms of the lovely Debbie Bliss Cotton Denim DK yarn with a 4 mm crochet hook
For Indians : The Debbie Bliss yarn is a just slightly thicker than our Indian Laura knitting cotton, and the 8-ply White Rose knitting cotton.


Instructions : (Using U.S Terminology)

free crochet cowl pattern

free crochet cowl pattern



For this awesome pattern, I was inspired by a free pattern that I found.  
After my recent diagonal clutches and spectacle case, this was an *obvious* choice ;)

This is the photograph by the designer.. how beautifully it falls and drapes, doesn't it?


For my project, I am using one skein of Debbie Bliss Denim DK yarn (100 gms) and I worked till I had a start row length of 21.5”. 
Note that this pattern adds a stretch – due to the shelled pattern, and working on a diagonal, so keep that in mind when working the start round.

The first time I worked this pattern, I ripped it out after I reached Round 3 , as I found that that it had *grown* way too large. 

The pattern is a bit of a yarn eater – as we are working 3 sc per stitch, to make the ‘shell or diagonal pattern’. 
The one difference I made with my shell pattern is to work only ch-1 between the 3 sc each time round.  I felt that the ch-2 (as suggested by the designer) made my project very loose and loopy.  Even with the ch-1 sps, you are able to see the diagonal effect , with the shells and the ch-sps.

It’s so wonderful that all one works for this project are sc and chains and a small move and you get this wonderful stripy pattern.

I actually would like to work this pattern with a variegated yarn .. or maybe alternate two colours every other round just to see how that works out.. I am sure it will look fantastic.  If you do try this out, please remember to tag me.  Cheers

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own baby dress.  Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/ 



And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. J

Here are some of my earlier creations.  Have fun with these patterns too