Monday, 22 August 2016

MY MADRIGAL FLORAL WRAP

free crochet pattern, free crochet wrap pattern, free crochet shawl pattern,free crochet pattern, free crochet wrap pattern, free crochet shawl pattern,
MY MADRIGAL FLORAL WRAP

I told my family and friends that I was going to participate in the Ravellenics Games and I got a load of ideas and requests.. so yaay! It seems to have filled up all the Games slots for me.. and I ain’t complaining at all .. loving every minute ! This pattern has been chosen by my lovely niece – and she made it so easy for me by even choosing the pattern. 

The name for this pattern : Well, it almost chose itself.  The yarn I’m using is Madrigal I Love This Yarn.  So I just googled to check the meaning of Madrigal and find that it has a *similar* meaning in both English as well as Hindi .. a part-song for several voices. 

Part of my wrap (the body trellis part) is with this Madrigal yarn, and then the lovely floral tassels which my niece loved, is in our Indian Vardhaman Milennium yarn – and together they are making some really sweet music! This wrap has been such a lovely project !

Materials used : Today I’ve used one skein of 4000 Madrigal, I Love This Yarn and about 100 gms of our lovely Indian Vardhaman Millenium acrylic yarn,  with a 4 mm crochet hook

Skill level : Easy to Intermediate.  

Stitches used :
Magic circle : To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuSVyKvoUg

Chainless dc start : Instead of the usual start with ch 2 or ch 3,I’d like to introduce a lovely way of starting a double crochet row.  Do take a look at this self explanatory super video
In case you are unhappy with this start, or do not like it, do continue with the usual ch-2 or ch-3 start.  However, all instructions will be given assuming that you are using this chainless dc start.


Abbreviations used : (Using U.S terminology)
lp(s) : Loop(s)                                                 sc : Single crochet
dc : Double crochet                                     ch : Chain
sp : Space                                                         sl-st : Slip stitch
hk : Hook                                                         yo : Yarn Over 
st(s) : Stitch(es)     
                                                 

This pattern is from http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/coral-flame-wrap or Love of Crochet, Summer 2016.




The only thing(s) that I did differently was starting with the foundation single crochet instead of a chain start and I also increased the number of flowers on the tassel – as I felt that this was so wonderful (as did my niece) that it *just* needed a few more than the designer had written up for 


free crochet pattern, free crochet wrap pattern, free crochet shawl pattern,


If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  


Have a great day and see you soon.  :)

I have added links here of some of the projects I’ve made for neckwear.  Do have a look and enjoy creating.