Google+ Followers

Monday, 15 August 2016

BUNNY BABY SNUGGLY



BUNNY BABY SNUGGLY

I was gifted this super chunky really soft Bernat yarn.   I thought I’d make a smallish cocoon – but I am not sure why or how I was pretty unhappy with the pattern.  It was just all lumpy and I was not able to figure it out.. I guess that was just one of “those days”.  It then got stuck into a bag and went into the “Oh, don’t bother to look here” corners of my cupboard.

Thanks to the Ravellenics games (haven’t heard of it? Head on over to Ravelry and read all about The Ravellenic Rio Games 2016) …
so thanks to these games, I went through my stuff and pulled this one out as one of the challenges in these Games is either finishing up a WIP (Work In Progress) OR Frogging it and creating something new .. so this one is getting a once-over ;)

Materials used : Today I’ve used the spectacular Bernat Softee Chunky acrylic yarn, with a 5.5 mm crochet hook

Skill level : Intermediate.  

Stitches used :
fsc : Foundation Single Crochet : To refresh your skill on the fsc, please view this superb video by Tamara Kelly at the link  http://www.mooglyblog.com/foundation-single-crochet-fsc/

fdc : Foundation Double Crochet : This is a unique way of starting a project directly with a row of double crochet stitches.  This makes your whole project neat and even.. in a way that you need to do once, to agree!  If you are familiar with fsc, you’ll wonder why you never used this start before !

Chainless dc start : Instead of the usual start with ch 2 or ch 3,I’d like to introduce a lovely way of starting a double crochet row.  Do take a look at this self explanatory super video
In case you are unhappy with this start, or do not like it, do continue with the usual ch-2 or ch-3 start.  However, all instructions will be given assuming that you are using this chainless dc start.


Abbreviations used : (Using U.S terminology)
lp(s) : Loop(s)                                                  sc : Single crochet
dc : Double crochet                                     ch : Chain
sp : Space                                                          sl-st : Slip stitch
hk : Hook                                                          yo : Yarn Over 
st(s) : Stitch(es)     
                                
For this lovely snuggly, I’ve used the really cute pattern from the Stitchin Mommy at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bunny-lovey-4 

Thanks for joining me on my creation here.. so here is what I started with .. the baby cocoon gone bad.. and then the cute snuggly that came out of it.  I just love the end result.. it's not only cute, but oh, so soft!  And I can't wait for photos that my client will send me (hopefully will remember as promised :0 )

 The start .. the mess..


 The little snuggly ..

and a close-up of the bunny.. oh so cute bunny.

and then ta da... views of the finished snuggly





Thank you Stitching Mommy for this free pattern. 

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  or just my free patterns at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/


And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon.