Thursday, 20 October 2016

FOUR FOXY CAPS - ROTARY CHARITY III

free crochet pattern, cute animal crochet caps

FOUR FOXY CAPS - ROTARY CHARITY  III

I am making these for a Charity Drive with Rotary India (Chembur) in conjunction with the Burns Clinic at Airoli, Navi Mumbai.

These are not my patterns.  All are free patterns that I’ve made and these are notes for Indians using locally available Indian yarns.  Some of our yarns do not give the gauge required, so I have made notes as I make my projects.

Materials used : Today I’ve used a total of about one skein of orange and less than that of white for the 3 foxes, and less than half a skein of brown for the fourth fox - all of our lovely Indian Oswal Cashmilon 4-ply yarns with a 4 mm crochet hook 

Abbreviations used :
fsc : Foundation single crochet                                 dc : Double crochet
ch : chain                                                                   ch-sp : chain space
sp : space                                                                   rep : Repeat
hdc : Half Double crochet                                sc-blo : Single Crochet Back Loop Only
MC : Main Colour                                                  CC : Contrast Colour


Stitches used :
Magic circle : To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuSVyKvoUg

Chainless dc start : Instead of the usual start with ch 2 or ch 3, I’d like to introduce this lovely new way of starting a dc row.  Do take a look at this self-explanatory super video http://www.mooglyblog.com/chainless-starting-double-crochet/
In case you are unhappy with this start, or do not like it, do continue with the usual ch-2 or ch-3 start.  However, all instructions will be given assuming that you are using the chainless dc start.

dc 2-tog : Double crochet 2-tog : [yo, insert hk in st or ch-sp, yo and pull up a lp ; yo and draw through 2 lps] 2 times (3 lps on hk) ; yo, draw through all lps on hk.  One dc 2-tog made.

Here is a sizing chart for general head sizing : https://in.pinterest.com/pin/470063279837764548/
 
How to join the two ends of your work : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUGb9pIcsXE

I have used our Indian 4-ply acrylic for all the four projects below.

Cap #  1 – Fox hat

cute animal free crochet cap pattern

This cute free pattern is from http://www.repeatcrafterme.com/2015/06/crochet-fox-hat.html  and was inspired by this photograph


Using our Indian yarns and the pattern link above for the 6-9m pattern,
Size : 6” (from crown to brim) ; Circumference 16” ;

For the eyes I worked a magic circle and 6 hdc in it.  Pull it lightly closed and join with a sl-st to the 1st hdc.    



Cap #  2  

free animal cute crochet cap pattern

This free pattern was just too cute to miss.   I think mine looks almost "Garfield-ish" (LOL)

Get this free pattern at http://thestitchinmommy.com/2014/06/crochet-fox-hat.html
and was inspired by this photograph



Using our Indian yarns and the pattern link above 
Size : 6.25” (from crown to brim) ; Circumference 16”

For the eyes I worked a magic circle and 6 hdc in it.  Pull it lightly closed and join with a sl-st to the 1st hdc.    


Cap #  3 – The Friendly Fox 

free crochet cap pattern


This free pattern was just too cute .. how can one resist those eyes.. they just twinkle. .. and then there's that long black plait (which does not show through too well here, does it?)

Get this free pattern at http://www.thefriendlyredfox.com/2014/10/free-fox-hat-pattern.html  and was inspired by this photograph


I worked till I had 45 sts and the increased 3 more sts on the following  round (every 15th st, I added a stitch to get a total of 48 stitches).
I did this, as I would like all of my four fox hats of the same size, and the earlier ones were till 48 sts.

Size : 6” (from crown to brim) ; Circumference 16”

  

Cap #  4  

cute animal crochet cap pattern

And odd as this sounds, I literally stumbled onto this one just as I was wondering which one more ... and I thought this was a kitty-cat ;)

I worked on this free pattern,



For the eyes I worked a magic circle and 6 hdc in it.  Pull it lightly closed and join with a sl-st to the 1st hdc.    
  
Size : 6.25” (from crown to brim) ; Circumference 15.5”


Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own creation.  Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  



And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. 

I have a few pieces of head wear already made, and just in case you want a dekho at those free patterns … here you go