Google+ Followers

Sunday, 23 October 2016

LIL TEDDY BEAR - 3

crochet teddy bear, crochet free stuff toy pattern, amigurumi

amigurumi, crochet teddy bear free pattern

crochet free teddy bear pattern, amigurumi

LIL TEDDY BEAR - 3

My sister in law is part of the Rotary Club in Brisbane, and her club is working on a Toy Donation that they’ve called Trauma Teddies.  The little donated teddy bears are donated to children who’ve inadvertently been in trauma incidents.
I am making these teddy bears for a Rotary Chembur (India) initiative and I am having loads of fun working out different patterns for different things to add to this charity.

The drive has a link for a free pattern but it was in knitting – and though I do knit, I much prefer crochet.  If you knit, check this link.

and there is a knitted pattern for this teddy bear at http://www.rotarynews.info/2/club/76644/9122

I decided to use this pattern to try and make a crochet teddy bear, using the knitted pattern above as an inspiration and baseline.  After working on that pattern a few months (?) back, I stumbled on this other lovely crochet pattern for the similar bear – so here’s what I’ve made with that lovely free pattern
Materials used : Today I’ve used our lovely Indian Oswal 4-ply acrylic yarn,  with a 3.5 mm crochet hook ; embroidery needle ; poly fill non-allergic stuffing

Size : 6.5” (head to toe) x 6” (outstretched arm to arm)

Skill level : Easy - Intermediate.  

Stitches used :
fsc : Foundation Single Crochet : To refresh your skill on the fsc, please view this superb video by Tamara Kelly at the link  http://www.mooglyblog.com/foundation-single-crochet-fsc/

How to carry your yarn along when using more than one colour :  http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-carry-yarn-in-crochet.html

How to single crochet join :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmYEsHlgQ30


How to do the French Knot embroidery stitch : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj_s1Ao6Ct8


Abbreviations used : (Using U.S terminology)
lp(s) : Loop(s)                                                 sc : Single crochet
st(s) : Stitch(es)                                               st(s) : Stitch(es)     
sp : Space                                                         sl-st : Slip stitch
hk : Hook                                                                      yo : Yarn Over 
                                                 
There are three patterns used here to create these five little teddy bears.  Two of them are continuous patterns, in that you make one longish rectangle with hands and feet sticking out of it.. and then fold in half to create your teddy bear.. and for one you make the arms and feet separately.

For the clothing :
In one set, I worked a change of yarn and “made” the clothing as I was making the little doll but the easier way was what I’ve done with the brown and two pink little creations.

I took a strip of cloth that goes around the body of the teddy bear, measured out where the arms would come in and just slit it at that point.  Slide the arms in, wrap it around the back, a few stitches to hold it down in place (or a good glue to stick it all down?!) and you’re done.

amigurumi, crochet free teddy bear pattern

For the pink bears, I used a lace, and did a row of running stitch along one side of the lace – the pulled that running stitch to get gathers before measuring out where it would fit our little teddies.

The green tight skirt is just a shiny lace worked twice around the body and then neatly sewn up.

amigurumi, teddy bear free pattern


The orange bustier is again another lace which is cut and then held together with a chain of crochet and tied around the back.  I did sew the bustier on to the teddy (so it’s not removable – and also safer for kids)

amigurumi, teddy bear crochet pattern


For the eyes here, I’ve used safety eyes and for further precaution, glued them in.  Remember  that you cannot use hot glue if working with plastic and acrylic.

There is a link on "how to work a French knot" - so in case you don't get safety eyes, go embroider!
 So this is the link for this new little teddy bear -http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/beckys-bear.html ; and here's the cute inspirational photograph that got this project started.



And here is another look at some of the other stuff made for this Charity.  


So the earlier two teddy bears are right here 







Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own baby creation.  Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  or just my free patterns at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/


And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. 


I have a few stuffed toys and amigurumi already made, and just in case you want a dekho at those free patterns … here you go