Friday, 18 March 2016

AMIGURUMI LOBSTER , LION AND DOLPHIN



AMIGURUMI TOYS

The latest set of toys I made for His Royal Highness Bob Cat aroused fresh requests.. for tiny little amigurumi toys.  I have made toys in the past, but recently find that I am allergic to the poly fill (well, at least the versions available locally), so unless I have someone handy to stuff and finish them for me.. Amigurumi is out.
That said, these requests came from people I cannot refuse… so here’s what I made.  J

I have made a little lobster , a lil dolphin and a even cuter lil lion – all which were inspired by free patterns. 

Materials used : Today I’ve used our lovely Indian Vardhaman millennium DK ply acrylic yarn , 4 mm crochet hook ; poly fill for filling

Stitches used :

Magic circle : To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuSVyKvoUg
Abbreviations used :
lp(s) : Loop(s)                                                                sc : Single crochet
dc : Double crochet                                                    sp : Space                                           
sl-st : Slip stitch                                                             hk : Hook
st(s) : Stitch(es)                                                             yo : Yarn Over                                   
ch : Chain

PATTERN 1 : LOBSTER


For the cute lobster, I was inspired by http://karabouts.typepad.com/karabouts/amigurumi/, and this little fellow has become a key chain


The only change I made in this pattern was to start with a magic circle – as I feel it gives a better start – the 3 sc into that 1st ch, I feel will make a smallish hole at the end, which the magic circle start avoids. 

I also didn’t quite understand why we needed to leave a length of yarn when making the three legs and the one claw arm .. for the little triangular claws, yes, the two lengths work. That apart, great pattern.

To make it a key chain, I threaded in the ring of the key chain into the chain at the back end of the lobster and voila, key chain made.  I then added a few wooden beads to add a little fun and bling to it.

While going through patterns for the lobster, also found these free links.. didn’t use this one, but you could like it.. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/teeny-tiny-lobsters

and this one that has a really lovely chart.. no written instructions though.. https://fotki.yandex.ru/next/users/starji64/album/176033/view/355172?page=120




PATTERN 2 : DOLPHIN



Oh my gosh, there are so many lovely free patterns for dolphins

I loved all… but used this one http://cuteamigurumi.com/2012/02/22/dolphin-amigurumi-pattern/ to get a perfectly little 3” sized dolphin.  Love it.

And here are more patterns I found..





PATTERN 3 : LION



The final little pattern was for a lion and yet again I found an amazing array of freebies..





and I even found a left handed you tube video presentation.


Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns J

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  


or join me on my Facebook page at 

For all my free patterns, do check my pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/


Have a great day and see you soon. J