Monday, 19 October 2015

SOFT TOYS FOR KIDS




BALLS – SOFT TOYS FOR KIDS

A friend’s daughter teaches at the +Delhi Waldorf school.  As this young girl was talking about the school philosophies, and the toys that they use with the children, I remembered seeing these superb toys online and on my *to-do* list and told her I’d love to make something for her. J

These are the Crochet Amish Puzzle balls designed by the superbly talented Dedri Uys.  Thank you so much for this awesome free pattern.

So here are two of her creations. 

Materials used : Today I’ve used our lovely Indian Vardhaman millennium acrylic yarn , 4 mm crochet hook

Stitches used :

Magic circle : To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuSVyKvoUg

PATTERN 1 : LEMON BALL

No real change here except change in colour, which is why it’s not a pumpkin, but a lemon.. but the possibilities are endless and I’m sure to return to try some of the ideas whizzing in my head soon.

Note for Indian users : In her write up, Dedri says to use a yarn that does not have too much stretch as one needs a stiff outer line.  Vardhaman millennium does have a stretch, but it did work.  I do think though, that our Laura knitting cotton may work better.

 One piece                                Four pieces  

 Joined

 Stuffed




PATTERN 2 : FLOWER BALL



Note for Indian users : Yet again, our Vardhaman Millennium worked well, but I’d say Laura knitting cotton also deserves a try.  








Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns J

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  


Have a great day and see you soon. J

I have a few more toys made that you may want to take a look at.
The cat toys are not animal specific.. these could make really cute baby rattles as well.