Thursday, 23 March 2017

MORE MOUSE MADNESS - A pair of Minne Mouse booties and a matching cap

free crochet pattern for Minnie mouse booties and cap

MORE MOUSE MADNESS

A pair of Minne Mouse booties and a matching cap


After my first really successful foray into a cap and booties with “The Mouse” inspiration, I was requested to make another set.. the orders don’t stop coming in and I am enjoying creating something new and different every time.

Once again, this is not my own creation but just my notes when I make my own exclusive and individual project.

Materials used : Today I’ve used one skein each of the lovely Indian Oswal Cashmilon with a 3.5 & 4 mm crochet hook

Skill level : Intermediate.  

Stitches used :
fsc : Foundation Single Crochet : To refresh your skill on the fsc, please view this superb video by Tamara Kelly at the link  http://www.mooglyblog.com/foundation-single-crochet-fsc/

Chainless dc start : Instead of the usual start with ch 2 or ch 3,I’d like to introduce a lovely way of starting a double crochet row.  Do take a look at this self explanatory super video
In case you are unhappy with this start, or do not like it, do continue with the usual ch-2 or ch-3 start.  However, all instructions will be given assuming that you are using this chainless dc start.


Abbreviations used : (Using U.S terminology)
lp(s) : Loop(s)                                                 sc : Single crochet
dc : Double crochet                                     ch : Chain
sp : Space                                                          sl-st : Slip stitch
hk : Hook                                                           yo : Yarn Over 
st(s) : Stitch(es)     
                   

Minnie Mouse baby shoes :

I just made a project yesterday for “Mr. Mouse”, and if you missed that then check https://shyamanivas.blogspot.in/2017/03/a-little-mouse-madness-mickey-mouse

free crochet pattern


And I have also done a project for a pair of soakers and cap at https://shyamanivas.blogspot.in/2016/02/a-really-cute-mouse-cap-shoes-n-diaper.html


Minnie Mouse booties:


free crochet booties pattern, free crochet Minnie mouse booties pattern

free crochet pattern for Minnie mouse booties

For the booties, I’ve used this free pattern at

For the start, I used my preferred foundation single crochet (fsc) start, which I think is better as we need to work on both sides of the chain anyway, and the fsc makes that so much simpler and neater.


Minnie Mouse cap :

free crochet pattern for Minnie mouse cap


Materials used : For these projects I used our Indian Oswal Cashmilon with a 4 mm crochet hook

For the cap, I’ve used this free pattern at

The designer has used buttons for her polka dots, but as I didn’t have buttons but a lot of handy white yarn, I made my own dots.

I started with a magic circle and worked 9 sc in that circle.  Join with a sl-st and pull lightly to close.  Fasten off leaving a long tail to attach.
Make as many as suggested by the designer and attach as suggested.. of course, if you change things around, you make it your individual piece.. so go ahead, create and spread smiles.


Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  or just my free patterns at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/


And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. J