Thursday, 2 March 2017

KITTY CAT EXTRAVAGANZA – 4 (Long tailed Cat Bookmark or Hanging ornament)



crochet cat free pattern, crochet cat motif free pattern

crochet cat motif free pattern


 

KITTY CAT EXTRAVAGANZA – 4

Long tailed Cat Bookmark or Hanging ornament


In this blog, I have made a whole load of kitty cat things.. i.e things all cat inspired.  I have used as many free patterns as I could find, and if I found a chart, then I’ve worked the chart and written my notes down.

I have a long list of things kitty cat that I plan on making, so I am very confidently putting this blog down as “2”, and check out my first blog on kitty cat extravaganza as well.
Thanks for joining me in our celebration of the naughty four-legged kitty cat.

Materials used : Today I’ve used our Indian Anchor knitting cotton, with a 1.75 mm crochet hook.

Skill level : Easy
Size : About 5” top to bottom

            

Stitches used :

Magic circle : To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuSVyKvoUg



Instructions : (Using U.S terminology)

crochet cat motif free pattern


For this little kitty cat project, I worked with this free pattern at http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/90995-city-cat-bookmarker-pattern/

Again with this project, once I had my little kitty cat made, I thought I’d see if it looked cute as an ornament too.

crochet cat motif free pattern


So here I have crocheted around a small aluminum ring (you can use an old bangle as well) and then I attached the kitty cat to one end of it, and added a hanging chain length to the other end.  The little frilly bit on the end was just for a little more pizazz and oomph.

It would be ideal to block the little cat motif if you are using it as a decoration in the ring or bangle.  

crochet cat motif free pattern
.. and here he is swinging away amidst the leaves of a bush

Blocking ideas :
I would suggest that you block your project, especially if you’ve used a cotton yarn.  First lightly iron it (using a light muslin cloth as a cover between the iron and your work – i.e do not iron directly on the work).  This stretches and flattens down your work.
Use a white glue (Mod Podge or Indian Fevicol) as a stiffner.  I use 1 part glue to 2 parts water and make a light paste, and then I lightly apply this over the back of my work using a paint brush.  Allow to flat dry before gifting or using it as your decoration.

AND remember THIS is the blog that you read all this inspiration.. so do share my BLOG URL or blog link. Thank you

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own creation.  Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  OR just my free patterns at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/


And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. J

I have a few other similar projects already made, and just in case you want a dekho at those free patterns … here you go  J