Thursday, 23 February 2017

KITTY CAT EXTRAVAGANZA 1 - MY BOUNCY JELLY FISH TOY



free crochet cat toy pattern

 

KITTY CAT EXTRAVAGANZA 1

MY BOUNCY JELLY FISH TOY

I have a friend who is totally cat crazy and she has asked me to make a whole load of kitty cat things.. i.e things all cat inspired.  I have used as many free patterns as I could find, and if I found a chart, then I’ve worked the chart and written my notes down.

I have a long list of things kitty cat that I plan on making, so I am very confidently putting this blog down as “1”.
Thanks for joining me in our celebration of the naughty four-legged kitty cat.

Materials used : Today I’ve used our Indian Oswal Cashmilon 4-ply acrylic yarn, with a 3.5 mm crochet hook ; elastic rubber band.

Skill level : Easy


Abbreviations used :  (Using U.S terminology)
fsc : Foundation single crochet                                 dc : Double crochet
ch : chain                                                                    ch-sp : chain space
sp : space                                                                    rep : Repeat
hdc : Half Double crochet                                      


Stitches used :

Magic circle : To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuSVyKvoUg

fsc : Foundation Single Crochet : To refresh your skill on the fsc, please view this superb video by Tamara Kelly at the link  http://www.mooglyblog.com/foundation-single-crochet-fsc/

How to carry your yarn along when using more than one colour :  http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-carry-yarn-in-crochet.html





Instructions : (Using U.S terminology)

free crochet cat toy pattern

free crochet cat toy pattern

free crochet cat toy pattern

free crochet cat toy


For this project, I worked with this free pattern at http://www.mazkwok.com/2012/10/free-amigurumi-pattern-cat-toy-bouncing.html, inspired by this photograph below



I used an elastic rubber band to attach the squiggly wiggly toy to which not only adds to the bounce but also to the colour!

The beauty of this pattern is that you can go a little crazy with the colours as well and it makes a fantastic stash buster .. along with spreading smiles.

I love love love the cute little squiggly wigglies.. and if you have read my earlier blogs, you’ll know that I’ve used a similar pattern to make a pair of ear rings, beanies, as well as a scrunchies.

If you missed those posts then check out these links



Isn’t it fantastic that we can use one pattern to make so many little different projects?

AND remember THIS is the blog that you read all these inspirations at.. so do share my BLOG URL or blog link. Thank you

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own creation.  Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  OR just my free patterns at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/


And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. J

I have a few other similar projects already made, and just in case you want a dekho at those free patterns … here you go  J

free crochet dog neckwear

free crochet dog neckwear

crochet dog bag

crochet dog sweater, crochet dog bag

crochet kitten lego blanket

crochet kitty stuff toys