Monday, 13 February 2017

SNOWFLAKE TREE ORNAMENT 3

free crochet pattern, free crochet snowflake doily

SNOWFLAKE TREE ORNAMENT 3


If you’ve been following my blogs, you’ll know that I’m trying to add a few Christmassy cheery ideas to my blog.

Just before Xmas I managed to make and add quite a few lovely ideas to my blog, and I have decided to continue on that lovely creative process , so welcome back and let’s have fun.

Materials usedToday I have used ~ about a little bit of our lovely Indian Red Rose Metallic cotton yarn with a 1.3 mm crochet hook ;

Size made : 3.25” diameter

Difficulty level : Easy to Intermediate Skill level

Stitches used :
Magic circle : To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuSVyKvoUg

Chainless dc start : Instead of the usual dc row start with ch 2 or ch 3, I’d like to introduce this lovely new way of starting a dc row. Do take a look at this self explanatory video at http://www.mooglyblog.com/chainless-starting-double-crochet/ In case you are unhappy with this start, do continue with the usual ch 2 or ch 3 start.  However, all instructions are given assuming that you’re using this chainless dc start. 

How to do a double treble crochet (dtr) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byc31njfIHc

How to do a picot stitch : A neat video link to refresh this procedure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GGlzZZl3I8


Abbreviations used :  Using U.S Terminology

fsc : Foundation single crochet                                 ch : Chain
dc : Double crochet                                              sp(s) : Space(s)
st(s) : Stitch(es)                                                        hk : Hook
lp : Loop(s)                                                                       yo : Yarn Over
sk : Skip                                                                       sc : Single crochet


Instructions : (Using U.S Terminology)

free crochet doily pattern



Start Round 1 : with a magic circle and 6 sc in that circle.  Join with a sl-st to the 1st dc.

Round 2 : sc in the 1st sc ; ch 9, sc in the same sc ;
(sc in the next sc ; ch 9, sc in the same sc) ;
rep (to) all around ; join with a sl-st to the 1st st.

Round 3 : sl-st in the 1st ch-9 sp ;
(4 dc ; ch 9, 4 dc all in the same ch-9 sp) ;
*ch 2, rep (to) once* ;
rep *to* all around ;
ch 2, and join with a sl-st to the 1st st.

Round 4 : sl-st past the 1st 4 dc and into the 1st ch-9 sp ;
*(5 dc ; ch 2, 3 dc ; ch 9, 3 dc ; ch 2, 5 dc all in the same ch-9 sp) ;
sc in the next ch-2 sp* ;
rep *to* all around and join with a sl-st to the 1st st.

In the next round, we’ll work a 5-ch picot which is (ch 5, sl-st in the 5th ch from hk).

Round 5 : sc in the 1st 5 dc and into the 1st ch-2 sp ,
[sc + picot + sc all in the ch-2 sp] ;
*(ch 4, 2 trc ; ch 4, sc in the ch-9 sp) ; rep (to) 4 times in the same ch-9 sp ;
sc in the next 3 dc ; rep [to] once in the next ch-2 sp ;
sc in the next 5 dc ; sl-st in the next sc ;
sc in the next 5 dc ; rep [to] once in the next ch-2 sp ;
sc in the next 3 dc* ;
rep *to* all around and join with a sl-st to the 1st st.
Fasten off and weave in ends.

free crochet doily pattern

free crochet doily pattern


Have a fun creative time.
Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own baby dress.  
It is quite sad that I have seen projects made using my pattern, but no credit linked to my blog.  It really does not cost you to link my blog, but it pays me – appreciation and encouragement, if nothing else… so go ahead, and do your bit, will you? Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  or just my free patterns at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/


And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. J


I have a few unique miscellaneous projects already made, and just in case you want a dekho at those free patterns … here you go  J