Friday, 17 February 2017

A PAIR OF OWL EAR RINGS

free crochet ear ring pattern, free crochet owl ear ring pattern

A PAIR OF OWL EAR RINGS



Yes, the mad spree of jewellery continues.. but I don’t see you complaining.. as you’re back to join me yet again in my journey of creativity and discovery.

There are so many ideas out there in the wonderful world wide web, that I wish for more time in a day, and maybe one more right hand to work with.. hmmm, what say?

Materials used : Today I’ve used Indian polyester viscose silky lace weight, with a 1.3 mm crochet hook.

Abbreviations used :  (Using U.S terminology)
fsc : Foundation single crochet                                 dc : Double crochet
ch : chain                                                                    ch-sp : chain space
sp : space                                                                    rep : Repeat
hdc : Half Double crochet                                 sc-blo : Single Crochet Back Loop Only



Stitches used :

Magic circle : To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuSVyKvoUg

Sc-blo : Single Crochet Back Loop Only : For this stitch, we work the regular sc, but instead of going through both loops, you only go through the back loop of each sc.  For a visual, check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phf7Nj0_LJg

Hdc : Half Double Crochet : yo, insert hk into st ; yo (3 lps on hk), yo, draw through all 3 lps.  One hdc made.

free crochet owl ear ring pattern

free crochet owl ear ring pattern

 For the cute pair of owl ear rings, I used the inspiration from this pattern write up. Do visit this blog for the owl ear rings http://divinedebris.com/olgaowls/


I’ve used this really fine (lace weight, almost like embroidery thread) polyester silk (purse) yarn also known as Kamal Kadai thread in India.  I used a 1.3 mm crochet hook for this project.  I have used two really small black beads for the tiny eyes.  I love my cute fat owl and the brilliant colours just make it stand out so well, methinks. What say?


Blocking ideas :
I would suggest that you block your project, especially if you’ve used a cotton yarn.  I generally use a white glue (Mod Podge or Indian Fevicol) as a stiffner. 
I use 1 part glue to 2 parts water and make a light paste, and then I lightly apply this over the back of my work using a paint brush.  Allow to flat dry before gifting or using.

Note : Kamal kadai / polyester viscose yarn does not specially need to be blocked and may not even accept blocking techniques.
  
Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own creation.  Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  OR just my free patterns at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/


And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. J

I have a few pieces of jewellery already made, and just in case you want a dekho at those free patterns … here you go  J