Google+ Followers

Friday, 24 February 2017

KITTY CAT EXTRAVAGANZA 2 - MY MULTICOLORED BOUNCY TOY


free crochet kitten bouncy toy, amigurumi toy
KITTY CAT EXTRAVAGANZA - 2
Multicoloured Bouncy Toy


After the huge success of yesterday’s hanging bouncy toy for a kitty cat, I was all excited to make another similar one.  This is a lovely multicoloured toy which is also a great stash buster.  While I have made this for a kitty cat (and added a little bell inside that will tinkle and excite the kitty), I thought this would also make a great mobile for a baby and a car hanging too (if you don’t mind something tinkling at you as you drive)

Thanks for joining me in our celebration of the naughty four-legged kitty cat.

Materials used : Today I’ve used our Indian Oswal Cashmilon 4-ply acrylic yarn, with a 3.5 mm crochet hook.

Skill level : Easy

Abbreviations used :  (Using U.S terminology)
fsc : Foundation single crochet                                 dc : Double crochet
ch : chain                                                                    ch-sp : chain space
sp : space                                                                    rep : Repeat
hdc : Half Double crochet                                      

Stitches used :

Magic circle : To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuSVyKvoUg

fsc : Foundation Single Crochet : To refresh your skill on the fsc, please view this superb video by Tamara Kelly at the link  http://www.mooglyblog.com/foundation-single-crochet-fsc/

How to carry your yarn along when using more than one colour :  http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-carry-yarn-in-crochet.html




  
BOUNCY BALL TOY

free crochet amigurumi, free crochet bouncy toy

free crochet amigurumi, free crochet bouncy toy

free crochet amigurumi, free crochet bouncy toy

free crochet amigurumi, free crochet bouncy toy


Instructions : (Using U.S terminology)
For this project, I worked with this free pattern at
For the bouncy toy, I just decided to add a new colour every other round.  The idea is great but execution is a bit of work as changing colors is not easy.  That said, there are a lot of links given at the top of this blog that make it all a lot simpler.

To keep this nice and easy, you can well make the whole ball in one colour and add a lovely contrast to the squiggly wiggly holder to make it nice and colourful.  To make this slightly larger, you could increase the number of rounds you make and then stuff it more as well.  These little projects are such fun, so create and spread smiles.

I’ve added (as I said before) a tiny little bell inside when I was stuffing my ball toy.  You could add a little catnip and watch your kitty go crazy with joy too.

AND remember THIS is the blog that you read all these inspirations at.. so do share my BLOG URL or blog link. Thank you

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own creation.  Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  OR just my free patterns at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/


And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. J

I have a few other similar projects already made, and just in case you want a dekho at those free patterns … here you go  J