Wednesday, 1 March 2017

KITTY CAT EXTRAVAGANZA – 3 - A Cat Bookmark or car hanging

crochet cat car hanging

crochet cat bookmark


KITTY CAT EXTRAVAGANZA – 3

Cat Bookmark or car hanging


In this blog, I have made a whole load of kitty cat things.. i.e things all cat inspired.  I have used as many free patterns as I could find, and if I found a chart, then I’ve worked the chart and written my notes down.

I have a long list of things kitty cat that I plan on making, so I am very confidently putting this blog down as “3”, and check out my earlier blogs on kitty cat extravaganzas as well.
Thanks for joining me, once again, in our celebration of the naughty four-legged kitty cat.

Materials used : Today I’ve used our Indian Anchor knitting cotton, with a 1.75 mm crochet hook ; a small ring (5” diameter) if making this a hanging toy

Skill level : Easy
Size : About 5” top to bottom


Abbreviations used :  (Using U.S terminology)
fsc : Foundation single crochet                                 dc : Double crochet
ch : chain                                                                   ch-sp : chain space
sp : space                                                                 rep : Repeat
                                     



Instructions : (Using U.S terminology)

For this little kitty cat project, I worked with this free pattern at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cat-pack-attack-vol-1
There are three cute kitty cats to make and choose from. How cute is that?  And these are the cats...



Once I had my little kitty cat made, I thought I’d see if it looked cute as a hanging (car) ornament too.. silly of me to wonder if it would.. OF COURSE it would.  

crochet cat bookmark
My cat

So here I have crocheted around a small aluminum ring (you can use an old bangle as well) and then I attached the kitty cat to one end of it, and added a hanging chain length to the other end.  The little frilly bit on the end was just for a little more pizazz and oomph.

crochet cat bookmark, crochet cat hanging

Doesn’t it look like little kitty cat is having a lot of fun swinging in his little swing?

It would be ideal to block the little cat motif if you are using it as a decoration in the ring or bangle.

Blocking ideas :
I would suggest that you block your project, especially if you’ve used a cotton yarn.  First lightly iron it (using a light muslin cloth as a cover between the iron and your work – i.e do not iron directly on the work).  This stretches and flattens down your work.
Use a white glue (Mod Podge or Indian Fevicol) as a stiffner.  I use 1 part glue to 2 parts water and make a light paste, and then I lightly apply this over the back of my work using a paint brush.  Allow to flat dry before gifting or using it as your decoration.

And remember this is the blog that you read all this inspiration.. so do share my blog URL or blog link. Thank you

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own creation.  Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  OR just my free patterns at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/


And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. J

I have a few other similar projects already made, and just in case you want a dekho at those free patterns … here you go  J