Wednesday, 22 March 2017

A LITTLE MOUSE MADNESS - Mickey Mouse inspired booties and cap

free crochet pattern for booties and cap

A LITTLE MOUSE MADNESS

 Mickey Mouse inspired booties and cap


This is going to be a little bit of *Mouse* craziness here.  I am making this set for a very special person who’s gonna hear the pitter patter of little feet soon .. and as she loves The Mouse, guess I’m gonna bombard her with a few of my projects on that theme here.

Materials used : Today I’ve used one skein each of the lovely Indian Oswal Cashmilon with a 3.5 & 4 mm crochet hook

Skill level : Intermediate.  

Stitches used :
Magic circle : To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuSVyKvoUg

Chainless dc start : Instead of the usual start with ch 2 or ch 3,I’d like to introduce a lovely way of starting a double crochet row.  Do take a look at this self explanatory super video
In case you are unhappy with this start, or do not like it, do continue with the usual ch-2 or ch-3 start.  However, all instructions will be given assuming that you are using this chainless dc start.


In this blog write up, I am making a set of Mickey mouse inspired baby shoes and a cap.  I have made one baby set before along the same lines, and if you missed that blog, check out https://shyamanivas.blogspot.in/2016/02/a-really-cute-mouse-cap-shoes-n-diaper.html
         

Mickey Mouse baby shoes :

free crochet pattern for baby booties

free crochet pattern for baby booties

free crochet pattern for baby booties


Materials used : For this project I used our Indian Oswal Cashmilon with a 4 mm crochet hook

For this lovely project, I’ve used the inspiration from this free pattern at http://www.hopefulhoney.com/2015/03/mickey-mouse-inspired-baby-booties.html

This lovely designer , Olivia, has a whole set of projects (with free patterns) which are a must see and do , so go along and take a look at her awesome free blogs.

For the shoes, the only change I’ve made is to start with my chosen and loved foundation single crochet (fsc).  I also feel that as we are going to work on both sides of the chain (for the sole of the shoe), the fsc works better.  If you decide to use the fsc, please start with 10 fsc and work as instructed in the very 1st fsc.


Mickey Mouse cap :

free crochet pattern for baby cap


Materials used : For these projects I used our Indian Oswal Cashmilon with a 4 mm crochet hook

For these two lovely project, I’ve used the inspiration from this free pattern at

I did not have the buttons of that size, but have a lot of white yarn.. so I made a small button myself.

I started with a magic circle and worked 12 hdc in that circle.  Join with a sl-st and pull to close.  I then worked 1 sc in each hdc all around and joined with a sl-st to finish.  Fasten off and leave a long tail to attach onto the cap.
I made two such ‘button’s and they are about 1.5” diameter, which is exactly what the designers asks as well!

Hope you had a fun time creating this with me. I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  or just my free patterns at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/


And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. J