a) Cone (Polyester / Purse / 4-ply) yarn ; 55 g (313.5 yds); 4mm (G) hook
1 litre : (L) 10.5” c (Circumference) 3.5”
Gauge : 3.5” over 8 rounds, worked in a circle
- 4-ply acrylic from Oswal Mills ; 50 g (165 yds MC); 10-20 g each CC ;5 mm (H) crochet hook,
- Deborah Norville Serenity Sock Weight yarn in MC & CC, 5 mm (H) crochet hook, Gauge 3.5” in 8 rounds, Comment : Versatile usage, as it fits even slightly smaller (500 ml) juice bottles to 750 ml wine bottles ;
- Caron One Pound (Iris), 5 mm (H) crochet hook, 19 yards, 10 grams = 19.0 yards (17.4m) ; with Craft Smart Value Solids (Black) , 92 yards, 50 grams = 92.0 yards (84.1m) ; with Red Heart Super Saver Solids (Aqua) ; 14 yards, 8 grams = 14.0 yards (12.8m) ; & Red Heart Super Saver Solids (real teal) ; 11 yards, 6 grams = 11.0 yards (10.1m) ;
- Vardhaman Millenium (Red) ; 30 g (99 yds) + CC (combined approx 15 g / 49.5 yds); 5 mm (H) crochet hook
- Sock/4Ply Of Unknown Origin ,11.9 yards, 3 grams 0.06 skeins = 11.9 yards (10.9m) ; Debbie Bliss Rialto 4 ply, 11.9 yards, 3 grams 0.06 skeins = 11.9 yards (10.9m); & Patons UK Fairytale Dreamtime 4ply, 14.9 yards, 4 grams 0.08 skeins = 14.9 yards (13.6m) ; with a 5 mm (H) crochet hook ; Comment : Nice and easy ; the pattern is nice and fits my drinking bottle well
- Red Heart Super Saver Solids (Bright Green - 64 yds / Bright Red - 36 yds) ; 5 mm crochet hook, Comment : quick project for gift or personal use.
- Sugar ‘n’ Cream Twist (MC) 90 yds & Martha Stewart Cotton Hemp (CC) 13.5 yds ; 6 mm crochet hook, Completed in a few hours, skill level : easy Comment : another useful FO from you!
- Caron One Pound (MC) 83 yds & Bernat Super Value Solids (CC) 83 yds, “G” Crochet hook, Comment : Love it..my 3rd project :)
One of my testers has made this to carry her kindle, though she added another row to ‘toughen’ the handle/strap.
1. Tahki yarns Monterey ; nearly 2 skeins ; “F” crochet hk,
- Sensations Bamboo & Ewe (discontinued) ; 1 1/4 oz - 155 yds, “G”/4 mm crochet hook, Skill level : Advanced beginner ; Comment : My yarn was chosen because it was handy and the right weight/thickness, but I do not recommend it as it is very stretchy and will not hold up well for this, in my opinion
- Polyester purse yarn (unbranded) ; 120 g ; 4 mm crochet hook, Comment : Lovely pattern ; and
- Polyester purse yarn (unbranded) nearly 2 skeins, & 4 mm crochet hook.