Google+ Followers

Saturday, 29 April 2017

AN UNISEX FULL-SLEEVED BABY SWEATER

a free crochet baby jacket pattern

AN UNISEX FULL-SLEEVED BABY SWEATER

This pattern has been chosen for the lovely color gradient and I was requested to make this in shaded colors that would suit a baby girl.  The lovely ICE Batik Turkish acrylic yarn does the trick to a “T” I’d say.

Once again, this is not my pattern but just my notes when I make my own exclusive and individual project.

Materials used : Today I’ve used about 1.5 skeins of the Turkish ICE Batik yarn  (Lilac Orange Yellow Light Green # 29611) , and a little bit of our lovely Indian Vardhaman Millenium Acrylic yarn with a 4 mm crochet hook

Skill level : Intermediate.  

Stitches used : (Using U.S terminology)
fsc : Foundation Single Crochet : To refresh your skill on the fsc, please view this superb video by Tamara Kelly at the link  http://www.mooglyblog.com/foundation-single-crochet-fsc/

Chainless dc start : Instead of the usual start with ch 2 or ch 3,I’d like to introduce a lovely way of starting a double crochet row.  Do take a look at this self explanatory super video
In case you are unhappy with this start, or do not like it, do continue with the usual ch-2 or ch-3 start.  However, all instructions will be given assuming that you are using this chainless dc start.


Pattern Instructions :
For this full sleeved sweater, I’ve used the free pattern from http://patternsforcrochet.co.uk/hooded-jacket-usa.html... and here's the photograph that inspired me to start on this project.



I started with my favourite and chosen foundation single crochet stitch and have worked 55 fsc for the start row.

As the designer started with a chain, the pattern is written differently and I am just going to note down what I have done with my fsc start.  If you too are going to use the fsc start, then please follow these instructions below…. Else head off to the pattern link above for this cute pattern.

Row 1 : dc in the 1st fsc ; ch 1, sk next dc, dc in the next 7 dc ; 3 dc in the next fsc ; dc in the next 8 fsc ; 3 dc in the next fsc ; dc in the next 19 fsc ; 3 dc in the next fsc ; dc in the next 8 fsc ; 3 dc in the next fsc ; dc in the last 8 fsc.  Turn.

You can get back to the pattern sheet now for the rest of the pattern.


For the border, I worked three rounds with Vardhaman Millenium and then ended it with one round of ICE Batik yarn.

I have used press buttons for my project, so that the flap neatly closes one over the other.

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

If you are looking for more children wear free patterns, check my Pinterest link at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/my-children-wear-made-by-me/ for some cute cocoons, diaper / cap / booties sets and an awesome sleepsack.

Do also check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  or just my free patterns at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/


And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. J