Tuesday, 1 August 2017

PINEAPPLE BABY BOUTIQUE TOP

free crochet little girls top, free crochet dress pattern

PINEAPPLE BABY BOUTIQUE TOP


This really cute top is a free pattern from the lovely +Kim Guzman.  The original pattern is given for 2 sizes, and my client is slightly larger, so I’m hoping to get this pattern tweaked to fit her proportions.  
You can now make this stunning top for any size, using any yarn.


Materials used : Today I’ve just ~ 150 gms of our Indian Hobby India All Seasons Crochet yarn (No 5) with a 3 mm crochet hook
For Indians : I’d also suggest using our Anchor knitting , Red rose , White Rose or Alize knitting cotton yarns – and you can buy your yarns with an easy mouse click on the top right hand side of this blog (read : Click here to buy yarns Online)        
For Non-Indians : Among the international yarns I’ve used, DMC Petra, Sullivans knitting cotton (Australia) and Aunt Lydia Cotton 10 are in a similar thickness category to the yarn I’ve used here today.

Stitches used :
fsc : Foundation Single Crochet : To refresh your skill on the fsc, please view this superb video by Tamara Kelly at the link  http://www.mooglyblog.com/foundation-single-crochet-fsc/

Chainless dc start : Instead of the usual start with ch 2 or ch 3, I’d like to introduce this lovely new way of starting a dc row.  Do take a look at this self explanatory super video http://www.mooglyblog.com/chainless-starting-double-crochet/
In case you are unhappy with this start, or do not like it, do continue with the usual ch-2 or ch-3 start.  However, all instructions will be given assuming that you are using the chainless dc start.

How to do a picot stitch : A neat video link to refresh this procedure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GGlzZZl3I8

Here is a sizing chart for general neck sizing
https://in.pinterest.com/pin/470063279842061521/

https://in.pinterest.com/pin/470063279838533503/

How to join with single crochet : Check the links below :

How to join with whip stich : Check the links below :


This is not my pattern.  Get this free pattern by at


Before I go any further, thank you Kim Guzman for your permission to write down my notes to make this pattern such that it can be made to any size using any yarn.

gives you instructions for making this cute top for a 12-18 month old.
If you are working it with the yarn given by the lovely Kim and for 12-18 m, then great, you should go off to the pattern sheet link given above.


free crochet girls top pattern

free crochet girls top pattern


I am making this for a slightly larger size, so m
y notes here are for the few things I worked differently. 

May I suggest that you read through my notes first and then go along to get the dress pattern done at the link above – just so you can have an idea of what all you need to do and where to get it all at. 

Please read through my detailed notes before you head off to get the full pattern detail in the link above.  Cheers.

The pattern is worked in two parts.  We first work from the chest up for the yoke all in sc and then we come back to our start foundation single crochet row and work the skirt portion.

So start with fsc and work the yoke portion in multiples of 5 or 10 (whichever works closest to the half round chest measure of the child you are making this for).

I started with a foundation single crochet (fsc) row, as I find that this stitch has a lovely stretch and also allows you to easily work on both the top and lower sides of this start chain row.  
I urge you to try the fsc.  For a “how to”, check the top of this blog.
In case you just can’t work the fsc (or don’t like it), then work in multiples of 5 or 10 + 1 and work your 1st sc in the 2nd ch from hk.  Ensure that when you finish, you have the multiples needed.

Once you are done with the yoke, you will, per her pattern, come back to the same start fsc row, and re-attach your yarn on the un-used lower section of the fsc for the skirt portion of the dress.

The stitch count for the skirt portion is in multiples of 10
Before you start off on the skirt portion, which we work in rounds, check that you have this section in multiples of ten.
This only matters if you had started with multiples of 5 for the yoke portion.  So all you will need to do is run a round of sc again, and increase 5 sc for the skirt portion.  Not that much, and not at all hard.

Once you have the stitch count for the skirt, you will back head off to Kim’s pattern link and finish the lower half of your top too. 

free crochet baby top pattern, free crochet girl dress pattern

The pattern awaits you, so go on and work the pattern off now.

Oh, just for a change, I decided to end my last round with a picot pattern.  Check the top of this blog for a “how to” work a picot if needed.


I ended on the round indicated by the designer in the original sheet, just adding the picot.  I worked a picot in every ch-1 sp and every sc all around in the last round. 

I worked the armhole and neck trims as per the pattern sheet and then added a round of picots around these edges as well.

Fasten all ends and block as per yarn instructions.


Over and above the cute little embellishments that are offered on Kim’s pattern page, I’ve added a few more.  Check out my blogs for all the little motifs and embellishments that I’ve made before and for this one too. (Links given below)

Once again, thank you Kim, not just for this free pattern, but also for your permission to tweak the pattern and add in my notes.

And that’s done.. yet another project brilliantly executed ! J

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did..come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog for the changes if you used them (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own creation.  Thanks.


Do follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/ShyamaNivas


Have a great day and see you soon. J

I have a few similar creations for young girls that I've made, and just in case you want a dekho at those free patterns … here you go 












































For cute hair embellishments and motifs check the links below.