Wednesday, 2 November 2016

CHANDELIER-LIKE EAR RING


crochet ear ring

 CHANDELIER-LIKE EAR RING


Yes yes yes.. I am going a leeetle ear ring crazeee.. but it’s a good crazy.. hahha LOL... and as I've admitted craziness, do keep an eye out for more ear rings.. this run has just begun :)

So there was a similar pattern I saw on somewhere online, and at this particular moment, I could not find that photograph, so from memory, this is what I’ve come up with.

Materials used : Today I’ve used the lovely Indian light polyester viscose yarn for the ear ring and some Indian cotton yarn for the bracelet with a 2 mm crochet hook.

Skill level : Intermediate

Abbreviations used :
fdc : Foundation double crochet                             dc : Double crochet
ch(s) : chain(s                                                             ch-sp : chain space
sp(s) : space(s)                                                           rep : Repeat
hk : hook                                                                     yo : Yarn over
sk : Skip                                                                         lp(s) : Loop(s)
st(s) : Stitch(es)


Stitches used :
Chainless dc start : Instead of the usual start with ch 2 or ch 3, I’d like to introduce this lovely new way of starting a dc row.  Do take a look at this self explanatory super video http://www.mooglyblog.com/chainless-starting-double-crochet/
In case you are unhappy with this start, or do not like it, do continue with the usual ch-2 or ch-3 start.  However, all instructions will be given assuming that you are using the chainless dc start.


Instructions : (Using U.S terminology)
I’m working my pattern on this lovely hoop (approx 1” diameter).
Attach your yarn to one end of the ear ring hoop and work directly onto the hoop.

crochet ear ring

Start with 25 sc (directly onto the ear ring hoop).  Turn.

Row 1 : sc in the 1st sc ; *ch 2, sk next sc, sc in the next sc* ;
rep *to* all around till the end. Turn.  (12 ch-2 sps)

Row 2 : sl-st into the 1st ch-2 sp, sc in the same ch-2 sp ;
*ch 2, sc in the next ch-2 sp* ;
rep *to* till the last ch-2 sp ; sc in that last ch-2 sp.  Turn.  (11 ch-2 sps)

Row 3 : Rep Row 2. (10 ch-2 sps)

Row 4 : 3 sc in the 1st 3 ch-2 sp and in each ch-2 sp till end. Turn.

Row 5 : sl-st into the 1st 10 sc (which means all the sc in the 1st 3 ch-sps and till the centre sc of the 4th ch-sp), sc in the 11th sc ;
*(ch 3, sk next 2 sc, sc in the next sc)* ;
rep *to* 2 times.  Turn.

Row 6 : sl-st into the 1st ch-3 sp ;
*(5 sc in the ch-3 sp, sl-st in the next sc)* ;
rep *to* 2 times.  Turn.

Row 7 : sl-st in the 1st 2 sc ; sc in the next sc ;
*(ch 4, sk next 4 sc, sc in the next sc)* ;
rep *to* once.  Turn.

Row 9 : sc in the 1st ch-4 sp ;
*(7 sc in the ch-4 sp, sl-st in the next sc)* ;
rep *to* 2 times.  Turn.

Row 10 : sl-st in the 1st 3 sc ; sc in the next sc ;
(ch 5, sk next 6 sc, sc in the next sc). Turn.

In our last row, we’ll use a decorative picot stitch.  
Our picot stitch here is a ch-3 picot which is (ch 3, sl-st into the 3rd ch from hk)

Row 11 : sc in the 1st sc ; 
*(5 sc in the ch-5 sp, picot , 5sc in the same ch-5 sp)*.  Turn.
Fasten off and weave in ends.

And that’s done.. yet another project brilliantly executed ! J

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did..come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog  when you make your own project.  Thanks.


OR join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Check out my pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/ for all the free patterns I’ve written up OR just my free jewellery patterns at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/my-jewellery-made-by-me/


 Have a great day and see you soon. J